Who would you like to replace Arsène Wenger?

Tuchel is a no go anyway isn’t he? Because of his relationship with Mislintat. TT can be quite a difficult person to work with apparently

There’s an article here which rates the candidates for the Arsenal job – reasons for and against. Sarri and Jardim are the ones they deem the best fit for Arsenal. I’d be happy with either of them, or Nagelsmann. Just please not Löw or Ancelotti :pray:

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/news/replace-arsene-wenger-next-manager-14340245

1 Like

Id want Carlo Ancelotti. just to steady the already sinking ship. Maybe for 2 seasons. and then lets see where we go from there.

“The returning hero - Patrick Vieira”

Another name to list of the ludicrous. :gunnersaurus:

3 Likes

Ancelotti, Jardim, Tuchel should be top 3 contenders

1 Like

If you remove the silly emotional choices and managers like Sarri / Simeone that wouldn’t come here then you are only left with some Premier League outsider choices like Howe or Brendan, and then the actual 5-6 realistics.

That newspaper list is massive!

You know the word “consistency” right?
Germany may not have the best individuals, but they always have the best “team”.
A team, includes players, coaches, trainers, PTs, nutritionists, scouts, guys to handle data analysis, everything and everyone.

I said he is not the right man for Arsenal because he just has too much at the DFB, all the support in the world. At Arsenal, he won’t. A man at the finest position in this field and all out of a sudden you lost a lot of support. He will need a long time to adapt.
There are too many managers out there and they can help Arsenal immediately. We don’t need Low.

However, I said however, he got the best team in the world does not mean he has an easy job, easy task and he is an average to good manager.
Because he has everything he could have, he also has one of the highest pressured job in the world. Since he took over after Klinsimann, Low actually did a very impressive job and did not disappoint, at least for me.

What he impress me most is, he always inject new blood to his team for every tournament. A lot of times he would experiment new formations/lineup and give the youngsters exposure. Friendlies, qualifying rounds, he would recruit new players instead of getting all wins, the best record. A manager that have vision, and courage.

This guy can sure handle the pressure, but as I said, he is not quite the right man for Arsenal.

2 Likes

Why do you think he wouldn’t have all the support at Arsenal? I think whomever takes over from Arsene would get time enough to flesh out the kinks before any sort of action would be taken vis-a-vis removal from position.

If there is one thing I would praise Loew for and you’ve touched on it, it would be his desire to look for fresh meat in the squad and taking them to the tournaments. I just don’t happen to think he’s a coach on the level we should be looking for.

tbh getting the 2008 and 2010 Germany teams to the Euro final and WC semifinals (both losing to eventual winners, the best team in the world, spain) was quite good performance.

It certainly wasn’t underperforming.

3 Likes

Pal… I won’t compare a club’s resources to a national team’s resources, especially you are talking about DFB.

Just a small example… their FA/NT had the resources/luxury to build a training camp in Brazil back in the 2014WC, and after the WC, the remodeled the facility and turned it to a school/hospital (I don’t remember) and gave it to the local Brazilians.

Also you know how much money, resources, energy, vision, and man labor to reform their youth system back in 2002?

Let’s not talk about Wenger, Silent Stan alone, does not have that vision and passion to lead the club to win something big. Yes, the club is his money, but if he does care, he would invest the money back on the club, to make it better, than trying to load more money for his fucking barn.
That’s why I said, I want Stan out first, then Wenger, not Wenger first.

Also in 2012, they just lost to Italy in the Euro semi 1-2… Balotelli, was super hot those years, got an unreal performance.

2016 Euro semi, a fucking handball killed them, not Low’s fault a bit.

1 Like

Tuchel’s hairline isn’t good enough for us :grinning:

Fake hair? :thinking:

Still feel Jardim will be the successor. I’d love Sarri but I get the feeling he’s comfortable in Naples.

1 Like

Jardim is ok for a team that need to rebuild.

Whoever we get cannot have the shadow of Wenger in the boardroom over shadowing him no matter what.

It has to be a manager who is experienced at the top level.
Preferably someone who has managed in the PL and who has worked with world class players, as well as winning the top trophies and who is capable of clearing up this mess.

There is only one person available who fits this description and that’s Ancelotti.

If he can come here and sort to the chaos Wenger has left and then we can start looking at people like Jardim, Tuchel, Sarri etc.

He came in at Chelsea and did a great job for them straight away with the players already at the club.
I think this is what the board will go for.

Is Luis Enrique a viable option?

That’s the problem though. The players they had at the club aren’t the players we have at the club.

He walked into Drogba, Lampard, Terry, Cech, Essien, Cole + Cole, Anelka, Deco, Carvalho, Ivanovic, Ballack. A lot of them played together for years and were competing and knew what it took to win.

I like Ancelotti and think he could be the man for that job no problem, but is he the man the take the bare bones of Hector Bellerin and turn him into a full back? To get Mustafi and Koscielny functional, to develop Chambers and Holding? To turn Wilshere, Xhaka and Ramsey into real PL midfielders? I’ve no idea.

Why do people want Ancelotti?!

Seriously?! He is not what we need. He is not progressive. He needs to work with good players, I question his ability to get the best out of average/inexperienced young players. He’d be a stop gap at best.

Carlo fucking Ancelotti can fuck the fuck off!

3 Likes

Yeah and he should definitely be taken into consideration. He’s a good manger.

1 Like

It’s true they had better players but we do have some very good players that are just badly coached, especially the defence, and unmotivated.

Bellerin has showed he can be a good player, and players like Mustafi, Lacazette and Xhaka, who were very good for their their previous clubs, might perform better with a different manager.

We have Ozil, Aubameyang and Mkhitayra, so it’s not as if we don’t have quality, so a good manager would get more out of them.

I don’t think we are going to seriously challenge for the PL title with our squad but we will certainly be top four contenders.

We need a manager who can turn this mess round, who has had experience at the top level and is used to the top European leagues and who has the respect of top class players.

Apart from Ancelotti I can’t think of any others that aren’t already at top European clubs.
I’m not saying he is the best manager but he is the most suitable for the position we’re in and who we can realistically get.