Who would have Klopp instead of Wenger?

Pour scorn on someone? Gasp, I wouldn’t dream of such a thing.

1 Like

Course not. As we know from your chat about g4e, you’d never be rude or disparaging towards another member, someone like ronniec for example.

1 Like

Yes I was such a dick to him welcoming him back the way I did.

1 Like

Fine. 8 or 9 then,

Sagna, Gallas, Toure, Clichy, Hleb, Adebayor,

Sagna, Koscielny, Clichy, Song, Nasri and Arshavin,

with Fabregas and van Persie were all solid player who were good enough to play for any top 4 team in my opinion. Persie also scored 18 goals in 10/11. It was not like he was always injured.

Tactically we were shit yes, because we could be beaten in a specific way (still can btw), but individually those were all solid players.

11-13 those were the years when we had really poor squads. Other then that, during 07-11, we had at least solid first 15/18. I feel like people take those two barren seasons we actually had (11/12 and 12/13) and apply that to the whole period from 2006 to 2013. Which is just revisionism imo. For much of 07-11 consensus was we were 1-3 players away from really competiting. Same position as we are in right now.

2 Likes

I guess I agree.
I didn’t mean he always had a poor squad.
There were couple of really good first team combinations; but injuries made sure we never saw them succeed.

What did I do??

You are the victim.

1 Like

Haha, Trion has it right. I wasn’t accusing you at all, though I now see how it could have looked like that.

1 Like

Also @Trion
@BigWeng_4LYFE

Shit… you guys are right… I do have reading problems… not reading carefully…

anyway, happy to be back… this site is still active… just missing the old pal Len a bit… other than that, we are winning, everybody is here… happy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

And it’s good to have you back. Here’s hoping you succeed in your quest to be a little bit more positive :ozil2:

Here’s hoping Arsenal give you reason to be more positive :wenger:

Will try my very best… and hope Wenger and his team will try their very best also… :ozil2:

1 Like

It’s getting to the point now where I want us to just start playing a few tough away games to see if we have indeed turned a corner.

Though I reckon I won’t like the result.

7 Likes

We will know a little more by Christmas after we have gone to both Manchester’s, Everton & Played spurs at home

We are still yet to be truly tested in regards to coming from behind, that’s when we’ll see what they’re made of.

Could argue we stole an important away result at PSG despite being completely outplayed

1 Like

True they should have won that game though, Cavani was truly terrible lol.

Particularly in the league we haven’t gone behind an awful lot.

Yet they were challenging for the PL just over 2 seasons ago and have the second best striker in the league. They’ve spent 270m since then and have added some good while not obviously great names. Rodgers signings like Firminho, Countinho, Milner and Lalalana were always good players but they’ve taken time to settle and gel.

Serious question how many Liverpool players would you have in the starting 11 at Arsenal ?

Mané and Coutinho on the wings instead of Walcott and Iwobi

2 Likes

He finished out of the top 4 twice in the last 2 seasons, no thanks.