Who would have Klopp instead of Wenger?

Nah. Everything is pretty obvious really. And it has been rehashed and explained by everyone a billion times and the Klopp for Wenga thread is not the place to repeat it. Saying a player was found out is something that can be said about every single player at every single club where they bought what turned out to be an upgrade. Sometimes they buy better because they can now afford better. We can agree Denilson was shite. I can only speak for myself that I haven’t been one of those who thought we were 2-3 players away from beating oil teams every single year for a decade unless it was Ronaldo and Messi or so.

Btw what do you mean we only bought Özil and Sanchez and still persisted with 8/9 players for two more seasons? I just explained to you that we also got a bunch of defenders and a GK? Or what, do you expect us to shift out ANOTHER 8/9 players to 8/9 more absolute world class players in 2 seasons? Mate not even City can do that ffs lol if that’s how you think football works no wonder you’re left with head aches?

No, it’s not.
Of course you weren’t, there’s been some revising of history going on these forums by AKB’s. Because us not being close with Fabregas was something that was never claimed when he, van Persie and Nasri were actually here. Now we suddenly weren’t, sure.

He persisted with the same eleven players (added Cech, Ozil and Sanchez) for two more seasons. Since when is adding players to the bench/replacement of goners/benchwarmers actual rebuilding? Proper changes in the starting eleven have only come about this summer with Xhaka/Mustafi.

But whatever indeed. We’ll have to live with Wenger, and what’s quite irritating, the people who are fist deep in him. I can’t even imagine how annoying you people will be when his eventual successor actually fails. Omg.

Not going for a complete mind blow here but… wrap your head around that I’m not even a devout Wenger fan. And I never was. I think he is good considering, but not godlike. In fact, some will remember I have had lenghty debates vs for example both Trion and ArseneCuellar on the topic where I was arguing he got it wrong on the particular topic. That I was one of the first to argue that we should dump more of our restrained budget into a quality striker making lengthy posts about how Ferguson always bought a new quality striker every 2-3 years while Wenger stocks up on midfielders too much etc. That was a long time ago though.

What I do argue though is that, again, It is not the vulture’s plan, he merely manages the plan. So a lot of the criticism is misdirected, everything that has to do with spending has been cofirmed a billion times is orders from upstairs, and there was never a single argument for why a manager who is judged by his performance rather than his money grubbing, would purpously limit his tools in terms of a squad. Not even crazy Alien guy on history channel believes that shite. Same thing with the transfer market. There is never ever a response as to why not all the good players in Europe play in Quatar if only money talks. It’s not the case. You need pulling power as well. Same shit I’ve written 50 times. That is all.

It goes beyond pathetic once the whole “player does good = player is good, player does bad = manager is bad” arguments start coming. Usually from people who fuck off into hiding every time we win a few games in a row and crawl out to cry in public once we lose. It is just so inconsistently illogical it hurts my head.

I have come to understand however that I’m then put in some AKB abbreviation bracket. Also I am “naïve” and “accept mediocrity” just because I know that the reason we couldn’t get much better for a long time is someone else’s fault but the guy you’re angry at all day.

Doesn’t mean I think Wenger is flawless at all and you’d notice if you paid attention, nor will I lose much sleep if we can find a long term upgrade eventually, but it pisses me off that a portion of the fan base disrespect him when it is not his fault lol, it is just shitty kid behaviour to the most successful manager the club has ever had, you may forget but I don’t.

But his reactive stance on the transfermarkt is his responsibility and could be too our detriment. On the pitch performances are his main responsiblities. When there is a pattern to discover in results/performances over several years; you can’t say it’s not his fault, but just bad players. Or we have to deal with an unfair advantage. On the contrary. The fact that he’s our most succesful manager of all time, doesn’t have to protect him of criticism or should it guarentee his spot.

Let’s just keep at this and say I’ve got the same thing the other way around.

1 Like

@ronniec ?

1 Like

I am here, spending most of my time working and playing NHL 17

I won’t take back my words. I will still have Klopp over Wenger anytime. So???

A couple of wins makes you feel like a champion already?

1 Like

Did you watch the match or play your ice hockey game?

1 Like

Sorry, I skipped the football world for more than a month… not only for my ice-hockey game, but life is also busy… and want to get away of football after Schweini and Poldi quit the NT… not feeling comfortable to see others wearing the #7 and #10

Well, seems like Klopp is doing quite well recently (a month after I responded to you)???

Liverpool are currently the best team so far this season IMO, and they are doing it with a good squad but certainly not a great one.

4 Likes

Klopp is not on “Wenger’s level” (reputation/number of trophies) yet, but he is absolutely making his Liverpool team a confident and competitive one. Imagine what he can do with a better squad.

1 Like

You were gone? Hmm didn’t notice.

how could you not noticed one of the biggest whiners on this forum was missing?? hahaha…

1 Like

Without a doubt he’s the better manager than Wenger.

Not only that, he’s almost or perhaps equally as lovely a character.

5 Likes

Lol true! Now that you mention it, it’s been quite pleasant as regard to whining. Although that’s more down to the team performance IMO. Welcome back.

Klopp better than Arsène neither with a gun to my head.

Thanks…

I am also trying to take a step back, put a little less emotions on the team’s performance, and hope to be a bit more positive :slight_smile:

It is no fun to be the “bad guy” (whiner) all the time…

1 Like

At the moment Klopp very well may be better than Wenger. Historically though he can’t hold a candle to the professor. Even to call Klopp better right now is massively debatable. We’ll see where this hot lolpool team ends up in the table at the end of the season. We’re still ahead of them in the table after losing a 6 pointer to them so technically we’ve been in better form.

Alright then, Maxi, tell us why, mate!

It is a bit too much to say Klopp can’t hold a candle to Wenger.

In his 8 seasons with BVB, he won 2 Bundesliga titles, 1 DFB Pokal, 2 Supercups, and 1 trip to CL final. He is just GOOD if not spectacular. When having the right set of players he could lead his team to glory, just like Wenger had his Invincible.

Anyway, it will be fun to watch them and us fighting in the EPL this season…

Liverpool have already been to Us, Tottenham and Chelsea. Put in this way I’d rather their 20 points from their 9 games as opposed to ours.