Who would have Klopp instead of Wenger?

Klopp spent a large chunk of the season worrying about being relegated. That really is all there is to this conversation.

2 Likes

Did he tell you that? :wink:

For all you know he might have been pretty confident all along that heā€™d get them back to the upper end of the table.

Not me, just the media. As late as the end of March he said his team were fighting relegation and couldnā€™t focus on anything else until they were clear.

His interviews are pretty easy to find on google if you have a few minutes to kill.

1 Like

Klopp saying he worried about relegation is exactly the same as Wenger talked about title chance (the past few years)ā€¦
Not serious.

2 Likes

Who fucking cares ,really who the fuck cares pointless spats about nothing .
Q DO u prefer Klopp over Wenger
A. Not for me !

End

Next we will be asking the Question @ "Question ā€™ Does your chewing gum lose itā€™s flavour on the bedpost overnight ! "

1 Like

He said what he said, perhaps he was confident but itā€™s not exactly by the book PR to appease fans like Wenger does.

He genuinely addressed relegation as a concern, and any manager worth his minerals would be worried about that given their circumstances.

They ended the season 11 points clear of relegation right?

You have your right to ā€œtrustā€ and ā€œbelieveā€ whatever Klopp said. I tend to believe he was being cautious.
A manager who just won the league with almost the exact same lineup for 2 seasons and would tell you he was scared of being relegated?
This is basis psychology gameā€¦ to give you the lowest expectation and whatever they accomplish will be like an achievement.

Why are you asking me when youā€™re the one who asserted it? Iā€™m asking YOU to explain your thinking behind your original statement

He means that Klopp is an even better dancer than Alan Pardew and that he would destroy Wenger in a sprint test, and would really have the beating of him in a one on one to the fruit salad should they ever find themselves in the same room for breakfast.

We are so stale the past 2,5 season that I would take Klopp over Wenger. Whilst fully understanding we can crash and burn, because weā€™ll lose one of the fundamental pieces of the club.

Your bottom in January and keep getting battered and youā€™re not worried about relegation? That time was depressing to watch and Iā€™m not even a Dortmund fan. Oh and it does happen, Leeds went from the CL semis to being relegated in about 1 or 2 seasons, Blackburn were relegated a few years after they won the league, various teams in Germany have won the league and got relegated. Atletico won the league and got relegated a few seasons later.

1 Like

Some people could get excited and start celebrating in December when the team is in top spot and forget there is still half a season to go, obviously Klopp and BVB did not give up fighting and turned it around (yes, it is hindsight).

There is no prove on whether Klopp was telling the truth or not, what he said could be just for the media, or for his team. What matter most was, he turned it around. Some see his managing ability was lousy or not good enough because his team was in relegation zone, but I see his ability to turn things around when the situation was bad, luck (injuries) was not on his side.

After 2 seasons he resigned, he is now managing a new team. I am not saying they are going to win it all, but his team is playing some exciting football by an inferior and thinner squad than we do; and can match us in every single way.
Does he look like a manager than will make Liverpool relegate like Leeds and Blackburn? Iā€™ll say he wonā€™t.

All this talk of Klopp and relegation going around in circles lol, I will tell you currently Klopp has his team top of the league after 11 games scoring 30 goals whilst having already played Arsenal, Tottenham & Chelsea away.

3 Likes

All these people who want to judge Wenger in May are judging Kloppā€™s BVB in 2013-14ā€¦

Not judging him on 13/14 just find it riducolous to argue that they werenā€™t in a relegation fight when they bottom of the league in January, they obviously were.

Anyway@Aussiegooner wants to judge Klopp in November '16

Itā€™s to early to judge them, but you canā€™t really take anything away from them either. 30 goals scored, they both beat us and Chelsea away from home. They also played Spurs and United and are still leading the League.

I donā€™t think they will win the League, but itā€™s impressive nonetheless.

Cā€™mon, letā€™s be real, if we were performing the way Liverpool are, as dynamic in attack as they have been, leading the league despite the toughest fixture list of the contenders, with a squad significantly less talented than the one we have at our disposal, people would be proclaiming Wenger was back to being the best manager in the world like 2003-04.

The attempts to play down Kloppā€™s current success in comparison to Wengerā€™s are pretty weak atm tbh.

7 Likes

The more I read this thread the more I think some of you guys are trainspotters or frustrated uni students that didnt make the debating team !

PS Abou fella loved the Indian outfit full on colour but would such an outfit look better on Mons Wenger or Herr Klopp ??? Thats the important question ! Iā€™m leaning towards Wenger because Zipper Jackets aside he needs a wardrobe overhaul !

1 Like

No doubt about it, they had some tough times and had a terrible first half of that season.

In the end, it was not like they got out of relegation zone in the last week of their season. Yes, they were there for a while, but also had a very good 2nd half of the season and climb up to the 7th spot. Sure they had problems but after the winter break they fought back and everything was back on track. Back on track means they played the way and standard they used to play, and they were never a relegation team, and Klopp was good enough to overcome their problems and he showed his abilities when both winning in form and to get back on track in bad form.

Theyā€™re started well, but weā€™re 11 games in and there on 26 points. I remember when Wimbledon had 30 points from their first 10 games. It means eff all until the end of the season. If they keep this pace up theyā€™ll end on 89 points. But weā€™ve done 90 point average points for half seasons plenty of times and it hasnā€™t meant allot.

As for comparing a run of form weā€™ve had plenty of time to 03/04, behave.