Who would have Klopp instead of Wenger?

And if relegation happened in February you might have a point bit it doesn’t and you don’t.

5 Likes

How is it ridiculous when talking fact? Or is something easy to ignore since it didn’t happen? Like I said it didn’t change the fact that it was a possibility then; 18th at Christmas shows that.

1 Like

The only problem people have down played what Wenger has achieved to compare the two of them.

As far as dynamic goes it has very little to do with squad quality hence why Leicester won the league; by being dynamic is the ability to change the approach as the games wear on (tactics, subs etc)

if you can’t understand the difference between nearly being relegated and being in the relegation places for a few months i really can’t help you any further. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Under those chairmen Wenger wouldn’t have to worry about a new stadium, and keeping the team achieving on a minimal budget would he?

Strange you mention that; some how the word “possibility” escapes you, not only that at the time did you know whether or not they would finish 7th? Looking back it’s easy to talk crap when it has already happened.

My problem is with the assertion that he nearly got them relegated. He didn’t. This entire conversation is talking about something in the past so both sides are looking back.

3 Likes

One of those words people just throw about

They are something else going forwards. They’re fearless, exciting. Sure, it leaves them exposed at the back and at some stage that’s going to cost them, but adventous, stylish Football is always a win/win compared to slow sideways pass pass Football.

Klopp has done very well to transform this side in the last 12 months. I don’t think the team they have looks particuarly amazing compared to others on paper, but the way they play, brings out the best in so many seemingly average players into better looking players.

4 Likes

Didn’t you know… we nearly won the title last season and in 2013/14. We were only never in the title race after February, but that doesn’t mean that we didn’t nearly win it.

3 Likes

Now you are changing your tune from ridicule! To more diplomatic huh

I can continue the ridicule if you prefer?

7 Likes

There’s different degrees of something nearly happening, nearly is a spectrum, I’ll leave it at that.

It’s simple to play only 36 league games and not 50. You can work with more calm, more focused on the squad and with minor risk to have players out for injury.

1 Like

Where on the nearly spectrum do you place this nearly then? 0-10 id give it a zero myself.

Its a win/ win for Wenger fans here, If we finish above Liverpool it will be all this talk about Wenger is superior etc etc, but if Liverpool finish above us it will only be because Klopp didn’t have the distraction of European Football.

2 Likes

And he hasnt won 6 community shields.

4 Likes

Can’t believe I’ve been missing out on this thread, lol. All this talk of relegation had me reminiscing about one of @Luca_from_Italy’s famous meltdowns.

2 Likes

What do you think it means ?

I guess we run the risk of getting relegated after yesterday’s game :ozil2::giroud:

1 Like