Who would have Klopp instead of Wenger?

I’m not using that to slight Wenger. I’m just giving credit to Klopp as well as Wenger for doing well when there were teams in a superior position financially.

1 Like

More dynamic in what way? I pretty sure he only has one style of play, which hasn’t been tested in the winter months when we have no 5 week break like in Germany or the rest of the leagues; 6 games 9 days let see how that goes with such a thin squad like Liverpool has.

You said it already, Klopp has a thin squad.
Not only thin, but also inferior.

1 Like

You’re all over the place in this thread.

“Klopp nearly got them relegated…well not relegated they actually finished in the European spots but still…”

“Wenger has back to back titles…well not titles as such, I meant trophies but just said titles because I was confused or something”. :joy::joy:

2 Likes

People like to disseminate posts especially when goes against they views; yes although Dortmund finished in a European spot they were very close to the bottom for most of the season, by most standards that’s nearly getting relegated, which was a real possibility back then.

1 Like

Did I?

As Wenger says " Judge me in May " or in this case " Judge Klopp in May"

They were bottom at one stage weren’t they? Around Xmas I think

Have not said anything about where he would finish with Liverpool, I was talking about Dortmund.

Yeah but Im saying forget about where Klopp was at Christmas that season with Dortmund, the fact of the matter is after everyone had played everyone home and away BVB sat 7th in May ( Which is still poor I concede)

But if the original point is he nearly got them relegated, well it sort of stands even if he/they got out of it by the end. Same with Mourinho last season, although Chelsea weren’t in quite the same dire straights.

As for jugding Klopp in May, well I think we’ll have to do that this season. I don’t see them keeping up this pace but if they do he will have achieved something pretty impressive, winning the league or not.

Also going back to the ‘back to back seasons’. Yes in the league that Wolfburg and Stuttgart won a few years before. The league is significantly weaker than the PL.

Thats a ridiculous post.

No it doesn’t.

3 Likes

No Chelsea were in the same dire straits and the Jose got sacked in December and they improved from the point on.

1 Like

It does though, if I nearly crash a car but don’t it still nearly happened regardless of whether it’s salvaged or not.

2 Likes

No one is doubting what Wenger did when he first came here but we haven’t won the PL for a long time, so it’s not unreasonable to assume the Klopp might be as good as Wenger in the last ten seasons, or so.

[quote=“mhappy, post:183, topic:729, full:true”]
More dynamic in what way? I pretty sure he only has one style of play, which hasn’t been tested in the winter months when we have no 5 week break like in Germany or the rest of the leagues; 6 games 9 days let see how that goes with such a thin squad like Liverpool has.
[/quote] But doesn’t the fact that Klopp has an inferior squad prove that even without the world class players we have, he can still compete with us at around the same level.

3 Likes

Except he didn’t nearly get them relegated so your analogy doesn’t work.

1 Like

He was bottom in January and they did have a big risk of being relegated at that stage.

1 Like

Lol the Wengerboys won’t give up with this but he nearly got them relegated!!! pish :joy::joy:

3 Likes

As did Mourinho, Ranieri, Conte and pretty much every other coach in the world at some club at some stage in their career.

I can only think of Guardiola and maybe Wenger and Ancelotti that have had relatively faultless managerial careers and not left clubs on a huge low and for Guardiola that’s not much of an achievement having the best team in two leagues and not finishing below second, and I believe other chairmen would have sacked Wenger before now so I don’t know how much that counts either but when you’re at the point that many fans want you gone I’d say that was probably a low.

Our next coach is not going to be someone with a 100% record in every season at every club they’ve ever had, unless they’ve only been a manager for two seasons but that doesn’t make them better either. I really don’t know who people are expecting us to replace Wenger with that’s never done anything wrong in their career.

Wenger is a pensioner. He is definitely going, sooner rather than later and the post-Wenger era will begin and I don’t think Klopp would be a bad shout at all to kick that off.

4 Likes

Klopps final season gave BVB a run of form consistent with a team going to be relegated. They were 18th/17th for two or three months, and Klopp himself publicly said relegation is a real concern.

Even as far as March they were only 8 points away from the relegation zone.

They did however salvage their season and even secured a reasonable place given the circumstances. I think the winter break was a monumental help in their turn around.

If you followed the season match by match the sentiment of almost being relegated would stand.

1 Like