Who will win the Premier League 2016/17 season?

We wont win the league so I dont really care BUT I think utd will win it with 86 points . we will get 74 and finish 4th . Klopp will be ridiculed by all in football by seasons end after finishing 7th. and Wenger will sign a 2 year contract extention at £10 million per annum .

1 Like

I agree about Klopp.
He will do no better than previous managers and will finish outside the top four.

I know we have no chance so I would prefer Man City rather than any of the other top clubs.

I never thought I would say this but it would be funny if Chelsea won it, just to see Mourinho’s reaction.

You’re probably right about Wenger as well, although I’m not sure we will be in the top four.

Saying all that, I still think it will be Man U top, then Man City, then a lottery between us, Chelsea, spurs, Liverpool, Everton and even clubs like West Ham.

If we don’t buy two top quality players in this window, I’m not sure we can get a CL place.

I feel that 1 out of the top 4 will fuck up big time not sure which one but I hope its NOT us . 3 New managers at the usual suspects should be an opportunity for us as it was just a few years ago . As usual weve prepared for the season badly so we will launch our campaign with a self made handicap. The key to this season will be taking points off the big boys whilst rollling over the other also rans . A killer instinct is needed.

Now that window is closed, I believe it’s a two horse race between Chelsea & City.

And other two places for Top4 would be occupied by Arsenal & United.

Agree but I have United & Chelsea the other way around.

It’s just the lack of European games that gives Chelsea the edge for me.

1 Like

Man U
Man City
Chelsea
Any one of Arsenal spurs Liverpool
Everton

Bottom.
West Brom
Middlesborough
Swansea
Bournemouth
Burnley
Hull

I think Leicester might struggle to get top half.
The reason I think Man U will win it is because of Mourinho.
He’s done it before in the PL and he has bought well in the transfer window.

1 Like

Wow only 4% for Chelsea and we are 2nd in the list… I think people are underrating Chelsea a tad and perhaps overrating us (understandably so). I think a 2nd place finish would be an achievement this year given what I expect will be 3 really, really strong contenders above us.

1 Like

Who will win it? It’ll be that disgusting club with that cunt of a manager no doubt about it! There’s no way I’m getting this prediction wrong.

3 Likes

Don’t see why we can’t challenge for it, we strengthened in positions we needed to and have 2 of the best players in the league with Özil and Alexis. It’s tough but possible

1 Like

Sure it’s a possibility and I would love to win it this season (Wenger’s last?) would be awesome!! but I’m worried about that disgusting club with that cunt of a manager

2 Likes

Agreed. The same players have actually won the League. I do think we’ve gotten closer, but with being so reactive and not sign players last summer f.e., we’ve given other teams the opportunity too step up and our progress is limited because of it.

Then there is also the difference in managers.

Would be a fantastic send off for him, I think he’ll have more desire than ever before to win it, we had a slow start but let’s just see, we have enough quality to win the title

[quote=“GunnerGirl, post:91, topic:59, full:true”]
Don’t see why we can’t challenge for it, we strengthened in positions we needed to and have 2 of the best players in the league with Özil and Alexis. It’s tough but possible
[/quote]I admire your optimism :poldi:

1 Like

Our own fans underrate our own expectations every season so I have to remain optimistic

1 Like

[quote=“GunnerGirl, post:96, topic:59, full:true”]
Our own fans underrate our own expectations every season so I have to remain optimistic
[/quote]I can tell you’re new to OA because most seasons, the polls normally suggest on here that we’re going to win it :smiley:

I think with the way last season finished dented a lot of confidence and belief many had in the team, after so much hope and expection that this could’ve been the season we should’ve won and it’s going to take some effort to get over that and really deliever. I like what we’ve done in the transfer market, but is it going to be enough? I’m just not sure personally. I hope I’m wrong of course.

1 Like

Right now I think 2nd but the table changes all the time, we just need to take advantage with our new signings and go on a big winning run

Don’t think I have done my predictions, I think us and Chelsea will be very close but I went for us as we have the better team but they have the better manager. Lets see who is London’s top team at the end.

Manchester City
Manchester United
Arsenal
Chelsea
Everton
Liverpool
Tottenham
Leicester
Southampton
West Ham
Stoke
Crystal Palace
AFC Bournemouth
WBA
Midlesbrough
Sunderland
Watford
Burnley
Swansea
Hull

2 Likes

We do. We’ve had enough quality a couple of times before but that’s the root of my “not so much optimism”.

Anyway, I really hope you’re right and we get to win it this time but @Mysty is right and I’ve been an OA member long enough so it’s tough to keep the optimism when it happens over and over again.

2 Likes

Maybe we can overcome Chelsea now. Pérez and Mustafi are two very good signings.

1 Like