Who will be relegated in 2016/17?

I’m not sad to see Hull go but I wouldn’t have minded them staying up due to Marco Silva. He impressed me since joining the club and really improved them, they were a shambles when he took them over and already looked dead certs for relegation. He’ll still get credit for that and could still have a very good career so it’s not disastrous for him, but I would have quite liked to see him remain in the Premier league and see if he could build on his progress.

1 Like

hopefully a fun northern club comes up, as well as newcastle.

Well it won’t be with Hull but I think he’ll get a Premier League job within the next year, the next mid-table manager job that comes up - probably Southampton.

Well he still has to do the A1 to get to Newcastle

1 Like

*she :wink:

1 Like

3 dull northern clubs out (we usually struggle out there), 1 northern in (Newcastle where we always do well). Not bad in the end!

I actually like Newcastle because it’s always felt like a big club

4 Likes

If a lower-to-mid Prem manager gets sacked, I think he’ll be one of the first people on the short list.

I agree with you, I’d have liked to see more of him.

Silva will be at Watford or Southampton next season.

1 Like

bit of a drop down from Man City

Big stadium doesn’t equal big club.

I mean, don’t get me wrong, I like Newcastle. I don’t go to a lot of away games, but that is one I always make sure I go to. They’re a bigger club than some, for sure, but big? How do we decide that? Villa and Forest are European champions, Newcastle are not.

I don’t mean big as in loads of trophies and great success but they are just a well recognized team, a big fan base and just feel like a premiership team should be, hard to explain but they’ve always felt like a big club to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I think I know what you mean. They’re certainly more likeable anyway, I was quite sad when they went down.

Newcastle stopped being a big club after they sold Harris and Munez in the same window

1 Like

haha that’s the film goal isn’t it?

Blew the final in the sequel too with a 2 goal start. Fucking bottlers.

Watford, imo. Mazzarri won’t survive beyond the summer.

I cant remember us losing at Hull and I’m pretty sure the last time we lost at Sunderland was like 2000.

1 Like

Yeah, but still hate playing them.
No, we lost against Sunderland away in 2009.

Saturday, 21 November 2009

Premier League Sunderland 1-0 Arsenal FT
(HT 0-0)
Bent 71

Sunderland
32 Fulop
02 Bardsley yellow card
03 McCartney
12 Mensah (Ferdinand 82)
22 Da Silva
08 Malbranque (Campbell 66)
10 Richardson yellow card
16 Henderson
19 Cana
20 Reid (Zenden 78)
11 Bent

Substitutes
24 Carson, 05 Ferdinand, 06 Nosworthy, 07 Zenden, 09 Campbell, 14 Murphy, 23 Healy

Arsenal
01 Almunia
03 Sagna
05 Vermaelen
10 Gallas
30 Traore yellow card
04 Fabregas
07 Rosicky (Walcott 72)
08 Nasri
16 Ramsey (Arshavin 60)
17 Song Billong
09 Eduardo (Vela 72)

Substitutes
24 Mannone, 18 Silvestre, 27 Eboue, 14 Walcott, 15 Denilson, 23 Arshavin, 12 Vela

haha fair play @Luca_from_Italy I don’t even remember this game :joy: @Aussiegooner

2 Likes