What was the last film you watched?

Dr strange. Meh.

We Are Your Friends (2015)

Always wanted to watch this as it looked kinda similar to Entourage which I loved. The film didnā€™t disappoint! really enjoyed it and it had the bonus of having Emily Ratajkowski as the main girl in it :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Spoiler if you ever intend on watching. Also had one of the guys dying of an MDA overdose which I did not expect.

Arrival (2016)

Great film, I really enjoyed it. Donā€™t think itā€™s for everyone though. Itā€™s nearly crept into IMDBā€™s Top 100 all-time. Impressive.

2 Likes

I bet im one of those it wont be for. :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve been watching a fair few documentaries lately. Real stories are just grabbing me a bit more I guess. Two I watched recently are Man vs Snake which is about a guys attempt to recapture his world record in 80s arcade classic Nibbler and Queen Mimi which is about a homeless lady who has ā€œlivedā€ in a laundromat in Hollywood for the last 20+ years but has ended up being friends with lots of people including Zack Galifinakis. Id highly recommend both. :slight_smile:

Youā€™d like King of Kong I reckon, excellent documentary about old school gaming with some very bizarre characters.

Cheers, will check that out. Another one Iā€™d highly recommend is Atari: Game Over. Its based around a guy trying to get to the bottom of whether or not all the unsold ET cartridges got buried in the desert.

2 Likes

Donā€™t Breathe.

Very good film with a very good flow to it, lots of suspense. especially when you think a scene is over but isnā€™t. great camera work, very good acting, especially from Stephen Lang who all too often i find to be a very wooden actor.

Hoping to walk away with a massive fortune, a trio of thieves break into the house of a blind man who isnā€™t as helpless as he seems.

1 Like

Went to the cinema yesterday to watch the new sci-fi Arrival. I was really looking forward to it, but left a little disappointed.

Itā€™s very well acted and directed, and definitely better than most sci-fi, so I did quite like it, but the essential premise didnā€™t quite work for me, and the depiction of China as the new crazy cold war Russians didnā€™t really feel right either, not to mention a bit fucking racist.

Maybe a 7 out of 10. Probably get Oscars though.

Caught the last hour or so of Wedding Crashers after the match as I chanced upon it on the telly. Iā€™d forgotten how much I love that film

1 Like

Christopher Walken and Rachel McAdams would nearly cheer you up after that shit show.

1 Like

It was this film that inspired my lasting crush on Rachel McAdams :heart_eyes:

And Christopher Walken is the fucking man.

1 Like

Honestly. These are probably really good, but based on the descruptionā€¦ :sob:

Edit: god knows what emoji suits this. Tongue in cheek, not rude.

Ah mate. Rachel McAdams. FIT.

Toni Erdmann (2016)

An aging man who doesnā€™t get to see much of his workaholic daughter travels to Romania where she is working as a consultant in order to try to reconnect with her. Utilising a bizarre alter ego, he follows his daughter around as she meets friends, works and hosts parties. Annoying her every step of the way.

Seems to have a rather big reputation atm but I just didnā€™t get it. I watched it to the end so obviously I didnā€™t hate it, just didnā€™t really grab me. Probably give it another watch a few months down the line and see what I think then.

I watched High Rise yesterday. I was encouraged by the first half an hour or so but it really went to shit after that imo. It was a bit of a mess.

Thatā€™s the Hiddlestone one isnā€™t it. Think I felt the same way, was enjoying the set up then it turned into some hacky British cinema disaster.

Waste of a lot of good actors.

1 Like

Wristcutters: A Love Story (2006)

Zia, a young man just dumped by his girlfriend commits suicide and is sent to a place of purgatory where suicides go where he meets a quirky Russian man Eugene who becomes his friend. Shortly after his arrival, Zia discovers his ex-girlfriend also committed suicide shortly after him. Upon hearing this he persuades his Russian friend to take to the road to look for her.

During their travels they meet Mikal, a girl who, convinced she doesnā€™t belong there, travels around looking for the P.I.C (people in charge) so she can be restored back to her life.

One of those quirky, weird films that although about a dark topic, manages to be quite funny. Enjoyed it until the end.

1 Like

Almost Famous (2000)

A young boy who wants to be a music journalist tours the country on Rolling Stone magazineā€™s dime pretending to be an adult and is tasked with writing a piece about the Stillwater band in 1973.

ā€œturning back, she just laughs, the boulevard is not that baaad.ā€

Baked in Brooklyn (2016)

Some nerdy dude quits his cushy job, then sells weed after advertising on the internet.

So youā€™re saying he trades in his cushy job for a kushy job?

1 Like

Anyone seen La La Land yet? The reviews and ratings are ridiculously highā€¦ Plus Emma Stone stars in it :heart_eyes_cat:

Considering going to it, but thereā€™s a lot of singing in it, which usually puts me off. Might have to make an exception.