What was the last film you watched?

Yes!

Wife and I caught it as well. Really good acting but the broadly hopeful tone of the movie made coming back to a reality with Trump as president was really shitty.

2 Likes

Passengers.

Started off so promising but then turned into a waste of time. Can’t believe Jennifer Lawrence got 20mil and Chris Pratt 12mil for this garbage.

Logan

Went and seen this last night. Absolutely brilliant. On for a good while but worth it.

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

1 Like

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)
Remember seeing a small bit of this on telly years and years ago but never seen the whole thing.

Really enjoyed it.

I, Daniel Blake (2016)
Ken Loach film which focuses on the broken system in place at the social security office for people trying to rightfully claim benefits. Set in the North of England.

Thought this was going to be a really good film but I felt like it dragged on without really doing anything captivating. Wasn’t really invested in the story.

Has a really good rating on IMDb though, so what do I know.

Play it again, Sam (1972)
The November Man (2014)
Irrational Man (2015)

Watched Trainspotting 2 the other day… pretty good movie

1 Like

Yeah, stick to decades old Swedish arthouse instead of acknowledging a film about real, contemporary injustice, which scratches your delusions of empire!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Obvious I guess, I would like this film. But it is good! It just quietly goes about its business, and then quietly hits you with a sledgehammer.

2 Likes

I loved this film for some reason, I guess it reminded me of a Romcom version of Event Horizon…

Can’t stand Jennifer Lawrence but I found it a really enjoyable flick. Pratt was a great counter balance to the self indulgent personalities of Lawrence and Sheen. Though it was strange to waste such talents as Fishburne and Garcia with very little screen time.

First warning sign right there.

1 Like

I ain’t watched Swedish in months. On a sub-par modern German kick again atm. :sunglasses:

You watched “Der Schuh des Manitu” or “Der Wixxer” already? Can’t get any more German/mediocre than that.

1 Like

Never heard of them, this however…

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BM2VhZjMwNDMtZmQ5Zi00YWVjLWJhZGItYzUwYThjYzk3OTM2L2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzA3Njg4MzY@.V1_UY268_CR4,0,182,268_AL.jpg

Oh dear, that came out a few months after my A-levels. Memories. :joy:

2 Likes

Well, you have something to watch now.

1 Like

Arsenal at Anfield: the night of the living dead.

1 Like

:ozil2:

Watched Groundhog Day earlier today. Great movie until I realised it was actually Liverpool vs Arsenal.

6 Likes

Why do you know these things? I haven’t heard about that at all. :flushed:
More important would be “Bang Boom Bang 2”, of course, but I guess without Diether Krebs, there really is no point. :cry:

Internet Movie Database.

Have you seen Bang Boom Bang? If so, do the gags even remotely work?