What are you watching?

Why the S1 hate? Definitely the purest and most subtle one for me and probably most realistic (well as far as I can guess at least).

I’m currently on my 5th or 6th watch, up to S2E3 now. I think S2 is my least favourite, just because I find Ziggy and Nicky a bit annoying, but can’t deny the quality.

1 Like

Just finished Chernobyl.

What a series. Without a doubt one of the best things I’ve ever watched. Last episode is the best of the lot.

1 Like

I think it was hard for me to get the Baltimore lingo and police terms at first, found it harder to follow than the others.

1 Like

Everyone needs to watch this. The last episode is one of the best episodes of a tv series I’ve ever watched. Incredible

@Electrifying is right. It’s kinda hard to get to grips with The Wire in the first 5 or 6 episodes of season 1 because of the lingo, etc. In fact it’s make or break- a lot of people to whom I’ve recommended the wire have given up after the first few because “there’s nothing happening”

However, in my opinion, the “nothing happening” is what makes it so in tune with real life. There isn’t a gun fight every day.

3 Likes

Am I the only one feeling this show is being slightly overrated?
I don’t understand where the hype is coming from, it’s not in any way special.

Agreed. I think it could have done better as a docu-soap rather than what it is.

Fair enough, I think I had the same problem the first time too. And with the police ranks, everyone is a something but I never knew what. But once all that’s no longer a problem I think it’s a lot easier to enjoy the subtlety.

1 Like

Just finished, very good!!

The Virtues ended tonight. Brilliant script and brilliantly acted in one of the most compelling dramas ive ever seen.
Never allowed to escape the turmoil of damaged souls for a minute. Hard hitting and not a happy watch but so worthwhile.
Hope it receives a shed load of awards. Shane Meadows take a bow for dealing with something so close to home.

I’ve watched episode 1 and genuinely don’t see what’s so special about it so far. It was pretty good but at the same time nothing about it was outstanding and nothing about it gripped me to a point where I felt I needed to watch the remaining 80% of the show.

1 Like

Black Mirror new season first episode… I don’t really know what else to write… say… comment…

Who was hanging at the end?

The bloke who gave him the address and been in the home with him. Worked on the building site.

Ahhh yes. Makes sense. For a split second I thought it was Stephen Grahams brother in law, which wouldn’t have made a jot of sense lol

Yeah it was a bit of a loose end when he couldnt be contacted by wife or sister that.

I hope shane meadows doesn’t make a follow up. This, as you say, was beautifully crafted and well acted. The scenes at the end were gripping.

Episode 3 was a bit weak, but otherwise, very well made

1 Like

I thought it was brilliant as were the other two episodes. The only Black Mirror I haven’t enjoyed is Bandersnatch.

1 Like

Killing Eve series two. Not sure its going to be as good as the last one though.

No show does twists better than Billions :fire:

2 Likes