West Ham United

Nasri actually looked good when he played but think fitness is going to be a huge issue for him. Doubt he’ll ever get back to a level that allows him to play regular 90 mins in the PL.

I’d still take him as a bench option though on lower wages. He’s actually still better than the likes of Iwobi.

If we got rid of Mkhi and added some quality to our wide options - Nasri might not be a bad addition.

The Wenger long game strategy, move Nasri to DLP

I take adrien a good gk for the bench meaning we can spend money else were

I wouldn’t take any player that West Ham have released

Some really inappropriate fancy dress, but it’s the shirt sponsor that gets covered up.

2 Likes

I’ve just been talking to one of my mates who is a West Ham supporter, and he was asking why we haven’t bought any players yet and that they have bought two very good players, even though a few of their high earners like Arnoutavic, Carroll, Perez, Nasri etc, have left.

He said there was a picture on one of their forums yesterday, showing hundreds West Ham supporters storming the pitch and standing in front of the directors box, throwing their season tickets and shouting abuse at the owners because they were unhappy at the lack of investment.

Then there was a picture of what Arsenal supporters do when they are unhappy with their owners lack of investment, which was write a strongly worded letter.

I wonder if this has any bearing on the fact a mid table club like West Ham spent 100m last season and possibly more than 70m in this window already and we have spent a fraction of that.

Tolerance and acceptance are fine in a lot of situations, but it seems that being patient and tolerant when supporting Arsenal, doesn’t get you very far.

Being given a 60,000 capacity stadium helped them a lot. They wouldn’t be making these buys if they were having to pay for it.

1 Like

Look what West Ham did @Maverick79 …they used their unveiling of their third kit to announce their record signing! :smile:

4 Likes

Haller is a good signing for them and quite underrated.

Nice business by West Ham.

2 Likes

He cost £45m! How much would he cost if he wasn’t under rated?

I meant in terms of reputation haha.

I think he’ll do very well for them, wouldn’t be surprised if he gets a bigger move off of the back of this one.

Nothing an IV drip won’t fix

They already had a free stadium and according to swiss ramble their match day revenue for 2018 was less than 25m. So I don’t think it helped them all that much.

It’s the lack of debt which helped.

1 Like

They didn’t have a debt when they were in Upton Park either. The stadium has allowed them to sell more tickets but it really hasn’t had any actual effect on their income levels.

It’s quite obvious if they had to build the stadium themselves that would have cost loads of money but the fact that they didn’t, it’s pretty negligible overall. At least at this point in time.

:unai:

No need to leave London, Unai. This job has your name written all over it.

1 Like

A few of my West Ham mates wouldn’t mind Howe but this has got Moyes written all over it, after Ancelotti got the Everton job.

1 Like

Yeah, I know loads of West Ham fans (half my family for a start), and they seem to love Howe. Personally, I’m glad we went no where near him, but one of my best friends who is a West Ham fan is obsessed. He constantly suggests Howe for any job (including Arsenal) And now West Ham is available again, he is like “well my first choice is Howe”. No shit!

Looks like it’ll be Moyes though.

1 Like

West Ham are a shit club.

Don’t deserve to be in the top flight

1 Like