West Brom

“There goes my reputation”

:joy: yeah because this is what will tank his reputation

His reputation was as Mr Relegation Scrap and he’s made no impact on this one. I doubt they thought hiring him would take them from 5 points from safety to 10 points from safety.

He’s like a relegation zone Mourinho. Now the results have dried up I imagine he’ll struggle to get another PL job now.

A true dinosaur of the PL.
Good riddance to him and West Brom.

For what is worth, WBA have been performing very well since February. There was clear lack of quality within their squad but he had them playing some liquid footy in certain games and their defending was great as well.
Who knows, they could’ve survived if they brought in some extra reinforcements in January.

2 Likes

They got relegation basically because of lack of investment.
Both managers over the course of the season had some good moments.
I think they done a little bit better than expected. Points at City,Liverpool and Chelsea is above expectation and they competed in a fair few games for what they had on that pitch.

3 Likes

Very entertaining side to watch in the second half of the season. Didn’t expect that. Sam surely let them play freely.
Some gems in there which I expect to be playing elsewhere next season.

2 Likes

Just continuing the tradition

They really just are an absolutely nothing club aren’t they

1 Like

The same as the Watford thread to be fair

1 Like

:grimacing:.

Sometimes I think you just have to respect how much the game means to these guys.

3 Likes

Gotta love this manager merry go round.

To be fair, Bruce isn’t the worst choice for that level.

1 Like

Yeah especially because most of these guys are comfortable millionaires who never have to work a day again. There’s no way anybody can convince me that Steve Bruce at 61 is simply money motivated. He earned over £8m from the Newcastle payout alone on top of the near £3m a year he was earning as manager.

5 Likes

Looking to do a tour of the teams in and around Birmingham :grin:

1 Like

Steve Bruce appointed

Good appointment. Knows how to get a team up