Virgil van Dijk

Yeah and he was in contact with Granit Xhaka a full year before we signed him and if IIRC he also took Lacazatte out to dinner in Paris to convince him to join us aswell.

And Southampton have been categorical in their desire to to sell VVD so not sure where weā€™d have gotten this consent from.

Ya like these radar graphs do ya? Well Iā€™ve got one to show you that will blow ur mind :theo:

2 Likes

This made me lol. Well done.

2 Likes

That footbaklisticly arsenal lot are a bunch wankers

Iā€™m pretty sure dermot o Leary used to do it but stoped coz they talk so much bollocks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yyfdcoocex8

In all seriousness I know the oneā€™s youā€™re talking about an Theoā€™s no where near as bad as people make out.

https://streamable.com/dkhqb

Heā€™s just frustrating AF to watch on the ball lol

2 Likes

really good point. I suppose I just want to believe we would get a badass defender like that.

So essentially you want to buy a center back version of Sanogo?

Typical.

2 Likes

Kudos to the guys who spent the time to make that video lol, itā€™s true that the ā€œWalcott has no football brain/is an idiotā€ thing is ridiculous (if anything, heā€™s an extremely untalented footballer who has made it through his intelligence, especially of his movement) though I couldnā€™t help but laugh at the ā€œVisionā€ part. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Every year pundits have a hipster choice they claim has done well. Van Dijk was that last season for me.

Has in no way shown enough to be valued as highly as mooted in this market - at least Siggy has been quality for a few seasonsā€¦

1 Like

If that was true itā€™d contravine tapping up rules, so Iā€™m not buying it. Wenger will talk to players when he has a teams permision, not without it.

1 Like

I canā€™t help but feel you havnā€™t seen Van Dijk play over the past 3, 4 seasons if you did youā€™d know his anything but a hipster choice.

VVDā€™s class & heā€™s consistently shown that since his days at Celtic.

https://streamable.com/atsw6

Neither did John Stones or Kyle Walker but that didnā€™t stop them both from becoming the most expensive defender of all time, thatā€™s just shows how fucked the market is right now.

Thereā€™s too much money itā€™s ridiculous, Iā€™ve said it before but weā€™re at a stage now where as long as you get the right player it doesnā€™t really matter about the transfer fee as long as you can afford it.

3 Likes

Itā€™s unlikely but for all we know Southampton might have gave us permission to do so.

Do we think Salzburg gave Wenger permission to speak to Keita when they were trying to move him to Leipzig?

While not allowing Liverpool? The guys just fishing for clicks

Iā€™m happy with Rob Holding.

1 Like

Maybe, maybe not ? I havenā€™t got a clue mate. He is probably fishing for clicks though.

Van Dijkā€™s a pipe dream anyway so itā€™s doesnā€™t really matter + Ornsteins said weā€™ve got one possible incoming before deadline day and I doubt thatā€™s gonna be VVD when weā€™re crying out for a centre mid.

So am I but Holdingā€™s not a left sided centre back Van Dijk is, like I said to Luca

11 Likes

What do you think of Issa Diop? Makes a little bit more sense to me to ride it out with Mertesacker and go for a centre beck in the summer of 2018. Diop and Holding will both have another season behind their back then.