US Police and Black People

The cop followed him with the gun pointed at his back, waiting for him to open the door. It was so blatant.

Iā€™m not disagreeing with you. I just donā€™t think it was premeditated.

What I want to know, because you donā€™t see it on the video, is why they even pulled their weapons in the first place.

4 Likes

Watching US news at the moment. Commentators are saying the same thing, even if he was reaching for a gun in the car, 7 shots in the torso? One to the foot would have done, if it was necessary at all.

All not helped at all by the Racist in Chief doing his best to stir things up.

By the time heā€™s already got his car door open and is reaching in, shooting him in the foot would have done nothing to stop him potentially shooting someone with the hypothetical gun he could have been reaching for.

Iā€™m fairly sure police donā€™t generally shoot to disable anyway, shooting someone in the foot, leg etc isnā€™t standard practice

1 Like

Yeah that only happens in Hollywood.

American police are trained to shoot for centre mass to bring someone down as quickly as possible.

Itā€™s because US police forces use deadly force as a tool for compliance in situations where deadly force is not required.

You donā€™t need to dedicate training to de-escalation techniques or dispute management when you can resort to deadly force

5 Likes

Solution to every issues in America - Gun control

4 Likes

See the problem here that nobody is talking about is that this guy had a history of assaulting police and he had a knife on himā€¦

I saw the video, people were asking him to comply yet he didnā€™t.

How do you control illegal guns? Oh right you canā€™t because what criminal abides by the laws impose on normal law abiding citizens.

This is a massive myth among gun control deniers.

America is not the only country which have criminals. I live in India where poverty is more rampant than in US, yet the criminals canā€™t get hold of a gun because we donā€™t have guns lying around for them to be circulated in back channels.

Because you have such a surplus of guns in America, you end up leaking them out.
Add gun control, reduce production of guns and you will not have criminals walking around with guns as conveniently.
It will also become expensive to get a gun that way because it becomes a rare commodity.

Simple fact is every country in the world is able to get by but somehow America is a unique country which canā€™t function like a normal society who value lives of their children.

You guys would rather watch a kid die, than to lose a gun.

7 Likes

Exactly. Why not restrain him before that. There was plenty of time. American police are too quick to pull out their gun and fire, especially on non-white people.

Growing up there, in a city with a high crime rate, the majority of gang members I knew of in my high school were white, and thatā€™s in a school that had a high percentage of black and Hispanic students.

1 Like

Which is why most other countries with more gun control have just as high a rate of gun crime as the United States, because limiting access to guns doesnā€™t help in the slightest.

A myth haha sure it is; in the U.K. we have strict gun laws tell me how do we still have gun crime?

Reducing production of guns doesnā€™t stop people getting illegal guns. Let me ask you how do you stop illegal guns getting in to the country?

Oh god stop with the nonsense, a lot of things kill children the least of them a guns.

The U.K. strict gun laws high knife crime should we ban knives to?

By not giving those countries gun in the first place.
As much as you like to believe, America smuggles guns into other countries and itā€™s not the other way round.

So now you want to change international law now?

Come back when a knife attack took down 10-15 kids.

If it means more alive children, I would look into it

:rofl: it already has.

Link me