Unai Emery

Hes just getting started to know his players and how they perform under pressure. I expect a lot of alternative lineups and he will experiment to see how certain players react.

This team still feels like 90% Wenger both regarding the actual players but also the team dynamics and playing style. Hopefully we will see Unai more and more in the team as the season progress.

This defeat hurts more than any other for me. At least in defeat we were still a classy club with Wenger and it really was more than just winning and losing. Now we’re just shit with a mercenary manager like every other club in the world. Takes a lot of the joy of supporting Arsenal away from me at least.

If we were a classy club 4 months ago I don’t really see what has changed. Unless you think that Wenger’s departure removes all traces of class, which I guess is what you’re going for. Safe to say I don’t really agree.

13 Likes

Wenger is the manager who lost 6-3 to City, 6-0 to Chelsea and 5-1 to Liverpool when fighting for the title. Did you enjoy it? I certainly didn’t.

4 Likes

It’s only been 1 match

Lol

I see the reactionary british people are out in full force. Shut up cheater.

Shock horror - unsuccessful manager famed for ugly route one football criticised manager for not trying to play ugly route one football.

7 Likes

That was Pochettino’s first eleven on his debut against West Ham in 2014:

Lloris; Naughton, Kaboul, Dier, Rose; Bentaleb, Capoué; Eriksen, Lamela, Lennon; Adebayor

Only from the second season at Tottenham he has started playing a quality side.

What’s classy about blaming the supporters when we were playing poorly and owned by someone who isn’t interested in the club or football, only profit?

Wenger has left this club in a worse state than we have been since George Graham was manager, and Emery has to turn the worst and most indisciplined defences of the all the top clubs, into something resembling a defensive unit with players that aren’t good enough.

4 Likes

Probably worth remembering how many times early on Klopp was verging on flop with that shambles of a defense/gk. I think we can reasonably expect some pain this season- the key will be steady progression and squad improvement. No reason to jump off a cliff yet.

4 Likes
1 Like

Wouldn’t mind a diamond with Ozil behind Auba and Laca.

3 Likes

Having players of the quality of Lacazette sitting on the bench is a complete waste especially as in the last few games of last season and the start of this, he seems to be an in form attacking player.

We have little enough quality in the first team as it is, so he must be a starter for us.

1 Like

How someone can still defend Wenger is beyond me. Two different attitudes.

1 Like

Are seriously going to compare his first interview; to wengers 1000+ after a lose in a final.

Not only that the interviewers are asking different questions, and has a different tone.

2 Likes

Luca on a madness against wenger haha

Absolute bollocks mate.

Dis just silly mate…

I don’t see Emery playing this way but I think a 4-2-2-2, kind of like how City used to play under Pelligrini or how Barcelona has now often been playing under Valverde, might be our best formation.

-Torreira and another holder to shield the CBs.
-Two of the Ozil/Mkhi/Ramsey trio as the attacking midfielders.
-Auba/Laca up front with Eddie/Welbz backing up.

You need pacy fullbacks with big engines that can really get up and down the wing to provide width but that’s basically Bellerin’s only strong point and I think AMN can also do that kind of job on the left (when healthy).