Unai Emery

Glad the players are getting with the defensive programme and the manager’s ideas!

We’ve seen he wants us to be a team that, first of all, don’t concede goals. I think that’s something that has always been important for his team, whether he was at PSG or Sevilla.

You can see that his teams are very compact and compete for every single ball and that’s what’s made him so successful.

3 Likes

In regards to these mouthpiece articles, I’d like to see some conviction from the squad for a change. Under Wenger, the players’ comments post-defeat with the mental strength jargon got so tedious. I really hope that they are believing in this new system.

1 Like

We don’t know yet if Emery is that guy though.

Good to hear this. We need to start with the basics again and defending is one of them.

1 Like

He’s pretty much confirming Emery is Mourinho-light and that’s a good thing :sweat_smile:?

Well yes I love us to be defensive as fuck. After years of Wengers embarrassments

2 Likes

All he’s said is he likes to challenge for every ball and doesn’t like conceding haha

I feel like that describes a lot of other non-Mourinho managers

3 Likes

Set up exactly like expected. Lol. I hoped predictability was gone.

1 Like

Its criminal forcing Cech to pass from the back. Mans not a baller at all.

1 Like

I think Leno will be starting sooner rather than later

3 Likes

Hopefully. From what i have seen he is so much better with his feet. Would have saved Sterling weak ass shot too. Unfortunately Cech looks what he is. A very very old man in a modern demanding game.

I think you’re a bit harsh on the Sterling goal, he was allowed to cut inside and have a free shot on goal from the edge of the box.

9 Likes

Please not this stuff already lol

:arteta:

19 Likes

Haha

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

City are a tricky beast. It’s hard to know the right way to play against them to get a result and there’s nothing wrong with being second best, even if I’m not happy about the way we went about it.

I thought Emery would be more pragmatic and I’m a bit disappointed he didn’t go full defensive though. But then maybe he felt pressure of playing his first game at home for a club where he had rubbish about identity and style of play continually drilled into him.

Maybe he didn’t understand that we’d have been raving about him if he’d stolen us a bus-parking 1-1 or 0-0 and not slaughtering him.

4 Likes

I love how quickly this got 10 likes haha

Kick Arse is my favourite Arsenal Twitter account.

1 Like

To be fair to Emery this was the worst possible first game he could get. The team was always going to be loose sand and City was always going to take maximum advantage of that. Even implementing bus-parking probably takes a little bit more time.

6 Likes