Trump

Are you allowed to be gay; then they allowed to say no. After that let other customers decided whether they want to buy from them.

Freedom of expression freedom of religion.

If you want people to accept something, give them the full facts not what supports your argument; after let them have the freedom to decided.

People will tolerate others decision when it doesn’t affect them; here is the problem once you start going after their children, or infringe on the rights to disagree naturally there would be a push back.

If less than 1% of the population identifies as animals you’d say get therapy, what’s the difference in thinking you are a woman that was born a man?

Why petition to remove from DSM 5 so it won’t hurt people’s feelings, or discrimate on their existence?

Why stop therapy for combate transgender (body dysphoria)?

Indoctrinating children to believe this completely normal will increase the cases year on year, whether genuine or not.

It’s odd that you don’t want to offer people the right not accept it.

Jesus fucking Christ.

You should get some therapy.

People can not accept it all they want. It fucking exists though.

2 Likes

Wow this is ignorance; you want people to accept it; and in the same breath you are saying actually if there is studies to show this can be changed, then that’s bigotry.

As much as you don’t want to believe it, it’s a medical condition.

Funny enough you don’t want to acknowledge that if kids a left alone they grow out it; would you rather pump them with puberty blockers and make them sterile? What if that child was just going throw a phase, then what? Why not educate parents and people fully?

For certain inclusion and tolerance has real world ramifications good and bad.

It’s the use of the word combat I disagree with. It’s not something to be combatted.

If someone wishes to undergo such therapy that’s fine with me and I haven’t said otherwise. Let’s not pretend that doesn’t cause it’s own problems too though.

It’s also something that shouldn’t be pushed as a normal either; hiding facts to oblivious parents, lying to get more compassion I don’t agree with. I agree you can do whatever makes you happy; but when it comes to children, until child can make a because an adult, she learns ethics, morals from me.

1 Like

Amen… as someone with a close family relative who is a child psychiatrist and a neighbor whose son was recently a daughter… sorry mhappy but I can’t see your views here if what you are saying is “while you are my child, you aren’t transgender”

This is f*ing Mike Pence territory - I am done with this as I hate to get political in a football forum.

1 Like

Wow this escalated quickly as a trained psychologist I agree with mrhappy. It is a mental disorder and shouldd be treated as such. I’m a firm believer that these things should not be forced on kids because it confueses kids and they are easily influenced. Like mrhappy said there is a lot of evidence that shows large number of kids grow out of it. Heck I was a feminining boy and played with dolls but grew out of it. Now a days I would be classed as trans kid😅. Transitioning does not lower suicied rates at all it still in the high 44%. That’s higher than black slaves and Jews in death camps. That’s suggest it’s something mentally and with most psychosis if left untreated the patient detiriates thus leading to suicied.

No one is forcing it on them, rather the reverse. Just look at history with treatment of gays. It isnt “normal”, right?

I think you are looking for something we aren’t saying but if you look at full history of dsm, it is clear that views on the best science change.

3 Likes

Yet you guys are ignoring the fact it’s a mental issue with 44% suicied rate transitioned or not. Society should not be enabling psychosis but treating it. If a client comes to me saying they feel like something else I would not indulge they delusions, but if someone feels like transitioning will help them I won’t stop it at all. But I would not advocate for kids and under 18s to do so. Such a high percentage of kids (80%+) once puberty hits fit into the gender they were born. Like I said I was part of that 80%+ I played with dolls in fact they thought I was going to be gay :see_no_evil:

Actually being unable to identify with your biological sex is classed as a mental disorder.
Look up gender dysphoria.

And hilarious that you would call someone ignorant when you yourself don’t know that it is a mental disorder.

Ok I will…oh look…

The American Psychiatric Association, publisher of the DSM-5, states that "gender nonconformity is not in itself a mental disorder

And even if it was classed as that I still wouldn’t agree with that classification.

That same website

https://www.psychiatry.org/patients-families/gender-dysphoria/what-is-gender-dysphoria

Your opinion doesn’t matter. Science is Science

Yep.

There is nothing wrong with ‘Live & let live’ philosophy but that shouldn’t stop a society from viewing a disorder critically & find solution to indeed ‘combat’(as mrhappy said) the disorder.

Transitioning is a short fix & not a permanent one at that.
It’s expensive, & damaging to one’s body to go under knife.

And never advisable for kids to be under the notion that they could transgenders. Often at that age, life & physical transformation is confusing.

This tendency to close eyes to reality, be ‘open minded’ for sake of it will not help matters.

Plus some of the demands by transgender population is absolutely ridiculous. They do not understand societal dynamics.

So is your problem with the teaching? Because fine. How it’s taught is very important. How it’s assessed is very important. How it’s treated is very important. But ignoring it and basically calling people who present with the condition mental is not an answer.

Having a mental disorder doesn’t mean they are considered ‘mental’ by folks.
If your problem is usage of word ‘mental’, I am sure we can find a more politically correct word.

I think I’m the first one to use that word so no that word is not my issue.

Intolerance is my issue. Trying to keep people in a box is my issue.

1 Like

They do it to themselves.
Having a dissociative feeling about gender can be understandable. Having a behavioural modification is understandable.

But what physical or mental condition asks you to dress differently & stand out?
No where in our genetic code does it say that feeling feminine means wearing certain set of attire or wearing makeup. Those are society based gender behaviour, not an intrinsic one.

Act weirdly & people will treat you differently.
Handle your shit & integrate with the society.