Top 4 Race 2017/18

If we beat Tottenham and City it could still be possible.

I think we’re going to win every single one of our remaining games and finish third :sunglasses:

1 Like

See I’d throw you an Ollie-pic for this but it just feels wrong now :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

75-76 points should do it so we can only afford to drop 5 more points. A really huge task.

We will have dropped 5 points by the time we have played our next 2 away games.

Ain’t over till it’s over. Auba is gonna go insane and take us kicking and screaming to 4th.

1 Like

So @Calum, is this the new thread? Next week it is gonna be decisive. Beat Tottenumb and we might be back in it.

Even if we beat Tottenham we are still likely to be 6 points + GD off 4th, lets be real we aren’t coming top 4, if we won those games against Bournemouth and Swansea things could be different.

1 Like

I have no faith in this team away from home. Pigs will fly and hell will freeze over before I’m confident we will win an away match this season

2 Likes

Anything can happen. Liverpool have some tough games, plus CL. Spurs can be Spursy. Chelsea are in a weird phase at the moment where no one really knows what kind of team they are.

Yeah, we’re outsiders but it’s not over until the fat lady sings :sunglasses:

3 Likes

“Might” :roll_eyes:

:wink:

I don’t think any of United, Chelsea, Liverpool or Spurs are going to run away from us if we hit some sort of form.
Let see

4 Likes

Hard to hit form when you simply can’t win away, as I said a month ago on this topic every 2nd game is an away game.

Just because our away form has been stale so far, that doesn’t mean it can’t change

It’s unlikely to change as this is a sample size since December 2016, not some minor amount of time. 7 wins in our last 25 away league matches including 13 defeats :eyes:

I am relying on lesser uncertainty in squad(Wenger contract situation, Ozil & Sanchez’s, Ox’s etc), revert to 433, Aubameyang to concentrate solely on league to change our form.
With Ozil’s signing, there is an air of stability in the squad whereas before it seemed disjointed.

This is exactly the kind of change that has historically given us boost & we have went in some run of good form previously.

See I I think it’s unlikely that our away form will change until we improve defensively, being so poor when we don’t have the ball is what gets exploited to the max away from home.

How it stands after GW26

We really can’t lose anymore ground if we want to finish 4th

1 Like

Only way getting CL is doing a United. Top 4 is out of reach with our defense and away form.

5 Likes

We got 12 games left so I’m confident, that we can still make a push for the top 4. All three of the teams above us dropped points and to be fair have performed slightly better than we have in recent games. Their not all that, and hopefully they will start to go through their own bad patches.

We just need to beat the spuds at Wembley and I think we can start to build confidence and momentum.

1 Like