Top 20 footballers in the world right now

As we’re in list-making mode on the OA atm…

Pick players as if each player was your first choice to make a new team, as in, don’t feel the need to put in defenders and GKs in there just for the sake of it.

1. Messi
  2. Suárez
  3. Iniesta
  4. Modric
  5. Bale
  6. Kroos
  7. Busquets
  8. De Bruyne
  9. Alexis
  10. Hazard
  11. Lewandowski
  12. Griezmann
  13. Verratti
  14. Özil
  15. Neymar
  16. Higuaín
  17. Dybala
  18. Boateng
  19. Thiago
  20. Ronaldo

Ebouè

The rest

1 Like

Whats your reasoning for Busquets being on your list? Or ahead of Alexis (and many other names?)?

Also is Neymar not better?

I am really struggling with my list. Easier to question yours. I will submit mine for a mauling later.

Thiago is absolutely there though tbh. Fucking epic footballer.

Best 6 in the world (even though not having his best season, though he’ll no doubt return to form).

Used to be a big fan of Neymar but I’ve soured on him a lot. Since the second half of last season he’s been pretty unspectacular. It’s clear Barça miss Iniesta a lot more than they do him. I don’t think he has the personality to really be the main man in a team, I view him a bit similar to Hazard but give Hazard a slight edge because he uses his explosiveness more (Neymar can also be explosive but his style of play/personality on the pitch holds him back and I think always will).

Yeah, tough to leave him out, could easily put him in there at 19 or 20 and leave out Boateng or Ronaldo. He’s penalized for me because he’s too often either hurt or not at his best due to coming back from injury.

1 Like

Having CR7 down at number 20 is absolutely outrageous and completely invalidates your list.

1 Like

It isn’t and it doesn’t. The words ‘right now’ are key to the post. I can explain why each and every one of those players is preferable to Ronaldo right now (this season).

Have you watched Ronaldo this season? I was playing it pretty safe even putting him on the list tbh.

It was predictable though :smiley:

Finding it quite difficult to come up with a top 20 tbh, top 10 is easy.

1. Messi
  2. Suarez
  3. Iniesta
  4. Bale
  5. Kroos
  6. Modric
  7. Busquets
  8. Alexis
  9. Ronaldo
  10. Hazard
  11. Neymar
  12. Hamsik
  13. Higuain
  14. Coutinho
  15. Griezmann
  16. Costa
  17. Ozil
  18. Pique
  19. Aubameyang
  20. Lewandowski

:grimacing:, feel like I’m forgetting someone and whenever I read through the list I move players around so W/E :neutral_face:

1 Like

Throw out your top 10 then bro. Prepare for pain.

Messi
Iniesta
Modric
Cristiano Ronaldo
Suarez
Kroos
Bale
Neymar
Sanchez
Hazard
Lewandowski
Griezmann
Verratti
Özil
Dybala
Benzema
Donnarumma
Mertens
Higuain
Callejon

1 Like

If we are talking about right now, I think you’d be pretty hard pressed to say that Benzema is the superior footballer to Diego Costa.

CALLE FUCKING JON? nah. Luca. Put down your crack pipe sir.

2 Likes

As i watch Serie A often, he is quite underrated.

Or Higuaín, surely (Or Aubameyang). This season is probably the worst I’ve seen Benzema. Probably could’ve even left him out.

But it’s my list, and my list has got to have the classiest CF of our generation (after RvP :wink: --with both we’re talking about on the pitch, mind :kissing_heart:) , even if he’s in a really bad moment, and I couldn’t stomach putting Higuaín above him as when they are both on form Benzema is the better player.

But yeah, if we’re talking about right now Benzema should probably be off the list though if he gets his shit together he can be back on it in soon.

1 Like

Anyone without Dybala in their list is fucking insane.

He is absolutely incredible and will win Ballon D’Or within the next five years.

This is really tough. Not sure of an exact order. I change my mind all the time, but here goes:

1. Suarez
  2. Ronaldo
  3. Messi
  4. Neymar
  5. Bale
  6. Sanchez
  7. Griezmann
  8. Modric
  9. Iniesta
  10. Aubameyang
  11. Lewandowski
  12. Ozil
  13. Hazard
  14. Kroos
  15. Dybala
  16. Jérôme Boateng
  17. KDB
  18. Rakitić
  19. Aguero
  20. Thiago
  1. Messi
  2. Suárez
  3. Modric
  4. Kroos
  5. Iniesta
  6. Özil
  7. Ronaldo
  8. Bale
  9. Neymar
  10. Griezmann
  11. Alexis
  12. Hazard
  13. De Bruyne
  14. Agüero
  15. Dybala
  16. Thiago
  17. Veratti
  18. Pogba
  19. Lewandowski
  20. Dembele
1 Like
  • Leo Messi
  • Cristiano Ronaldo
  • Neymar Junior
  • Luis Suarez
  • Gareth Bale
  • Alexis Sanchez
  • Antoine Griezmann
  • Robert Lewandowski
  • Sergio Ramos
  • Manuel Neuer
  • Mesut Ozil
  • Pierre Emerick Aubameyang
  • Leonardo Bonucci
  • Harry Kane
  • Ilkay Gundogan
  • Eden Hazard
  • Diego Costa
  • Paul Pogba
  • Christian Eriksen
  • Mauro Icardi

Not a fan of Modric, eh?

Icardi and Kane ahead of Higuaín, Dybala, and Benzema :thinking:

For me they are better than them, at the moment.

The recent form has conditioned me. I didn’t voted Cazorla and Iniesta for example, and probably they should be on top.