Thomas Lemar

Ah, well. Doesn’t really bother me if we miss out on him.

I preferred him on Never Mind the Buzzcocks anyhow.

1 Like

:thinking:

2 Likes

It’s unbelievable that these people get paid for writing those stories.

To save you a click:

“OMG! I met Thomas Lemar in Saillon, Switzerland,” the opportunistic fan wrote on Twitter.

“He seemed really happy taking photos with me. Definitely Arsenal bound!”

“I asked him if he is joining Arsenal, he gave me a smile and walked away.

“I’m positive he will sign after Monaco’s trip to Switzerland!”

5 Likes

Get him FFS! He is desperate to come here.

Get the feeling we have him and they waiting on a replacement and have asked to conduct ourselves accordingly - just feels like something is happening in the background

1 Like

We can’t very well complain about Monaco saying “No!” given the likely outcome of our stance with Sanchez :grimacing:

I’ve been of a mind that this one’s dead in the water now, short of Lemar being a very naughty boy indeed, which I don’t like to see in a player

They ask 80 mil? Pay this amount of money and see if they refuse.

It sucks that this seemed to have died done.

I know Lemar is not every bodies preference as Sanchez’ successor. but with two offensive midfielders on the pitch we might replicate the combination football we played during 09-11. Because whilst I don’t doubt Sanchez’ greatness for us his style is a bit destructive for great combinations. Ideally we sign a player like Hazard, who style-wise, combines the characteristics of a forward and an attacking midfielder, but there aren’t a lot of players like them around I feel like.

I dunno, a lot can still happen. August hasn’t even started yet.

The Monaco team have been stripped bare - especially if Mbappe goes too. Lemar will be walking into training like:

Hopefully being the last man on the boat will encourage him to push for a move.

6 Likes

I don’t think we can feel too bad about this one, I’ll try and take the more forgiving viewpoint that maybe Lemar was just always the one they were going to keep.

Man City got in early for Bernardo, Mbappe will go because you don’t say no to Real Madrid, full backs are just full backs etc

Apparently there’s a shed load of outlets saying, we’ve made a breakthrough in negotiations.

SOURCES. POST SOURCES! :kroenke:

3 Likes

No :henry2:

The sun is the main source from what I can see

So we are not getting him :hipster:

1 Like

Who knows? Not the sun that’s for sure

Just kidding. We know the Sun is not reliable.

Monaco and Wenger are singing from the same hymn sheet this summer. Sanchez and Lemar just are not for sale

https://twitter.com/BFairthorne/status/889863926963466240

https://twitter.com/BFairthorne/status/889868337827676161

The state of this guy who never triggered a news about Arsenal but insists to tweet rumors. Masochism.

7 Likes