Thomas Lemar

That’s possible but I think Ozil might stay, which would mean Lemar might have a season to adjust to the PL while Sanchez runs down his contract.

1 Like

I do.

Assuming we sign Lacazette it’s him, Alexis & Ozil in our front 3 with Lemar the first option behind the latter 2.

I don’t subscribe to the idea of him at wing back or in Wengers midfield like others have suggested.

2 Likes

So you think the 3 at the back will be our default formation, kind of like the 4-3-3 was until now?

2 Likes

Certainly nothing wrong with improving our bench. It’s something that’s usually our downfall at some point in the season.

Have we actually had any enquiries about Ozil? I don’t recollect any, which is okay in my book.

Wengers said enough to suggest we’re at least going to start with it, maybe a bad run of form makes him revert back to the norm.

Got it. In that case, with Iwobi around too, Lemar only seems to make sense if one of Özil or Alexis leaves. What do you think of him as an 8 potentially? I did notice in watching youtube highlights of him that he picks it up and drives from deep often.

I’d say playing as an 8 or 10 would suit his game more than as a wide attacker, I think you get the most out of him by letting him drift and pick up the ball from deeper areas to progress it. He carries & passes well.

I’m not so sure whether he’d work in a Wenger team though, like you had doubts over Kovacic in our midfield I would too with Lemar. It could work amazingly or it could fail, I don’t know but I wish we signed Tolisso.

https://twitter.com/Lexus7Sanchez/status/878707948842876928

How come? Ozil, Sanchez and Iwobi is still very light. As far as just the numbers go suqad-wise, you could argue a player llke Lemar is one of the main priorities.

Yes, but I would certainly put it behind a #8 who could also play in an attacking midfielder role. With Cazorla not to be counted on we are extremely light in centre midfield, really just have Xhaka and Ramsey plus crap (Coquelin, Elneny–harsh on Elneny, but he’s mediocrity personified, really).

Spurs ITKs are as shit as their team :yawn:

tbf Spurs have been decent for the last couple of years, hate to say that as an arsenal fan

https://twitter.com/afcamden/status/879359756988764161

2 Likes

Looks like Spurs ITKs are more in the loop than Arsenal ITKs.

I’d hate to say that too. so I won’t.

1 Like

That bloke is such a cunt.

Isn’t this guy effectively a leftsided forward so effectively meaning Alexis is off?

I think it’s not to farfetched to expect Sanchez is going to Bayern. Ribery and Robben are 34 and 33 years old. Robben only has renewed his contract for one year. Douglas Costa’s role decreased and Juventus is interested. It makes a lot of sense that is going to happen.

1 Like

I agree.
Ribery and Robben are getting on and they are often missing through injury.
Sanchez would suit them, and they need him.
I’m not sure they would pay the wages he is rumoured to be offered by us.
Maybe we will find out if it is money or ambition and success he wants from a club.

Never thought Alexis to Bayern was on due to his wages. Multiple sources have indicated that Alexis wage demands are getting in the way of any potential deal. Which makes sense, if he’s making an upward move should be expected to be paid for a player of his stature.

If he takes a paycut to be at Bayern fair play to him. Part of me thinks he’ll take the contract security and money at Arsenal. Even then I don’t think Bayern is that attractive of a destination anyway

More afraid of the Man City links tbh him going there makes alot more sense.