Theo Walcott

He’s definitely slower, another reason in a long list to move him on.

Walcott used to be lightning but as pointing out its not 2013 anymore.

even then though he had frightening pace but his brain didn’t keep up with his running I remember how often he went on a run leaving the ball behind or his runs ended up close to the corner flag and he had to use trickery (unsuccessfully most of the time) to get of a situation he literally ran into.

Aside from signing a striker I think one of our biggest summer goals should be to find a buyer for Theo. Been at the club for a decade and still hasn’t grown as a player.

Am I crazy for thinking a club like Crystal Palace would pay for him?

2 Likes

Well they paid a fair sum for Benteke and I think he’s on over £100k a week.

While I’m not a fan of him it’s more that I’m not a fan of him at Wenger’s Arsenal. If he found a club willing to support his one dimensional style and make him a starter I think he’d be a very good buy for someone like Palace, West Ham or Leicester.

1 Like

Aston Villa will probably need some goals in the Championship AND their Chairman seems to have more money than sense. :henry2:

He posted some good numbers last season but when his pace finally goes and he becomes just a quicker than average winger, his effectiveness / fear factor will decrease massively. And so will his value.

My head says it’s a good time to cash in but don’t think he will want to move anywhere.

1 Like

He is coasting and when his legs join his attitude he is done.

2 Likes

Why not? They bought Benteke after all :mustafi:

Wouldn’t mind seeing Theo going somewhere else. He certainly is not going to get any better and while he is still a useful player to have, I think we ought to give a youngster (like him when he joined our club) more of a chance.

But the thing is, he still scores goals and gets a few assists now and then and until we have someone who can do something similar, Arsene will hold on to Theo. He might use him more as an impact sub going forward, just to give the opposition something new to think about. So, I don’t see Arsene letting Theo go, unless he asks for it.

1 Like

I’d also add until we can find a homegrown player that can do all that he stays too

If you are forced to have players in your squad based simply on their nationality I’d rather have a player like Theo wallcot that actually offers some kind of return than some youth team player that gets registered in the first team squad just to fill the quota or some dross like Lindgard of Ashley young

2 Likes

Exactly. Mr Comfort Zone. Not getting value for money from his wage, despite the goals

He needs to go.

2 Likes

sooooooooooooo fucking poor i cant believe it even by his own standards. He literally had about 10-15 chances in this match to score he is just so wasteful and looks fucking terrible to watch he doesnt even look like he gives a fuck anymore.

I wonder what excuses will be made for him to stay here by Arsenal ‘he is not fresh yet’ when is he ever? He just looks bored unmotivated lazy shitty and uncaring really needs to go to another club.

1 Like

Looks like he was played out of position. Anyways yeah let’s sell him preseason games are always very indicative of how a player will perform in the upcoming season. Just like when Yaya scored 4 in that game agains Benfica and then turned to Thierry Henry that year :laca:

2 Likes

I think if we do buy Lemar and maybe Mahrez it will show Walcott for the player he is, which is no more than adequate.

It’s hard to believe this is the same player that we were all clamouring for, to sign his new contract.

I bet, like Wenger has just done, he won’t be teasing the supporters when it comes to his next contract.

We can probably still find a club to pay more than 20m for him, although when I asked my West Ham mate if he would be interested in Walcott, he wasn’t impressed, and said he would rather have Giroud or Perez.

I know it’s a pre season game, but recent seasons have shown he is often injured, very inconsistent and that even Wenger doesn’t trust him in the starting line up, so why should the supporters?

I probably rather have Yaya.

1 Like

Laca 1 chance, 1 goal. Theo about 10 chances, 0 goals :hipster:

SIGN DA THING (for another club)

4 Likes

It’s not just about preseason games.

2 Likes