Theo Walcott

I think Carroll is somewhere around that and that was pre-TV deal. Walcott is a reasonably big name and certainly more “proven” than Carroll ever was. I think a club like that could afford to give him £110k or whatever he’s on if they rate him.

why would they need to?

If West Ham buy him they would have to pay him what he is earning here.

No they really don’t. Besides, footballers dont make money like normal people. Lots of clauses, bonuses and general fuckery. Flat weekly rates are really not the be all and end all.

24 games where Walcott played major minutes

Wins 12
Draws 5
Losses 7

10 league matches Walcott didn’t feature

Wins 9
Draws 1
Losses 0

1 Like

And?

1 Like

The sample sizes are far too different for this to mean anything.

He’s saying Walcott is shit, though you don’t need to stats to come to that conclusion.

2 Likes

Pretty sure if you look at the stats the only conclusion is he isn’t shit at all

1 Like

Stats don’t tell the whole story, he can be productive but unless he’s scoring he’s absolutely invisible.

His impact on games in many cases is severely limited, to be a forward at a top club you have to do more than pad stats which is why he has never been and never will be a top player.

4 Likes

Their is a big difrence between not being quite good enough and being shit though isn’t their?

2 Likes

Theo is a useful squad player if 4-2-3-1 is the base formation. Not shit but not a starter on a team with real ambitions. He has very little value in the 3-4-3.

3 Likes

Yep. I think the distinction gets lost in regards to Walcott more than anyone else.

1 Like

Nah, he’s shit.

2 Likes

He’s blatantly not shit though. But I’m not going to try change anyone’s mind. Theo is what he is and if you’re of a mind to think him shit I guess you just have a higher bar than I do when it comes to judging footballers.

2 Likes

Walcott is more frustrating than most Arsenal players because he is our longest serving.
Up until a couple of seasons ago i really thought he was going to be a top forward but either through injury, or inconsistency, it hasn’t worked out that way.

Like several of our first team players, some games they are great and other games they go missing, and it’s consistency at a high level that sorts out the average player from the elite.

He had that one fantastic season but injuries have kept him out of it since, with consistency being his biggest shortcoming.

It’s a fucking shame since he’s had some world class finishes but I think he’d really thrive at a club like Everton.

I’m pretty sure those 9 wins and draw were after we changed our system. We didn’t lose and draw games because Walcott started and at least of 3 of the loses he actually scored in. Actually we started doing worse IIRC after we didn’t have Theo starting alongside Alexis because no one would run into the box. So I’m pretty sure those 10 games wasn’t every game Theo didn’t play making the stats even more worthless.

OK the Liverpool away loss, Watford away and one of the Bayern thrashings he didn’t start. And I just clicked on 3 losses he played in and he scored in them all. FFS Aussie

Anyway all in all he had a decent season, scored and assisted pretty consistently, which is what you need.

2 Likes

He has no place in the 343. See him out.

I want him gone regardless of formation tbh.

We can and should be upgrading on him.

7 Likes