Theo Walcott

Just saw the goal.

That really was excellently taken.

3 Likes

Took it well but if it didnt hit Giroud hed have lost control of itā€¦ Probably the only good thing Giroud did all night and he didnt mean itā€¦

I think Neuer shouldā€™ve saved it personally, beaten at his near post?

He tried to punch it and the ball only went a fraction over his gloves, if his hands had been up he wouldā€™ve at least deflected the ball outwards somewhere

4 Likes

I wish the Theo of the first half would show up more often!

1 Like

Incredible mistake by Neuer, but isnā€™t the first time: anyone remember the goal scored by Podolski at Allianz?

2 Likes

This is the Theo we love. Not that timid fuck he has been for past couple seasons.

Himself and Ox were the only ones who genuinely looked up for the fight, which genuinely surprised me. Maybe Kosh too but we expect that from him.

I guess they feel responsible to put in a shift due to how long theyve been here and actally have a decent relationship with the fans being homegrown etc.

They both stayed and clapped the fans too. Id keep Ox around just for this display alone.

2 Likes

Yeah, 120 km/h from 8 yards is something that any 3 rate goalkeeper would easily catch. I guess Neuerā€™s still adjusting to the pace of the PL.

6 Likes

Tbh I think everyone looked up for a fight until the penalty. After I donā€™t think really anyone did. Iā€™m not sure why Theo and Ox are being singled out except for the fact that they were just better than Giroud, Alexis, Ramsey, etc. (Xhaka was quite good in the first half I thought) And given that Giroud is Giroud and Ramsey is Ramsey and Alexis was playing to the left of Giroud where heā€™s chronically ineffective, thatā€™s not really so surprising, except for the fact that Ox played well.

Though tbh it was a pretty typical Theo big game performance. Looks a little bit more angry and motivated which the fans like, and which is normal in a big game. Movement is quite good as it usually is. Technically and decision wise (didnā€™t make the pass for obvious second goal, poor control when he was played in by I forget who) frustrates except for one moment that sticks out

if Gnabry gave the performance Ox did yesterday you would be banging on about it for the remainder of the year.

2 Likes

No, lol. Gnabry had more performances of that quality at age 17 in less games than Ox has had maybe in his whole Arsenal career. Stop trying to desperately make it out like Iā€™ve got an agenda when one is just better than the other. Itā€™s kinda like the Klopp thread. Ox was good yesterday. Iā€™m glad for him. As long as he is here thatā€™s how he should be used, as a chaotic presence in a direct, aggressive style against slower midfields. Still would be better just to replace him with any number of options that are much better than him, but he definitely did play well, and in the MDC his first half performance was enough for me to say he might actually have a better career than Ramsey. :slight_smile:

i dont need to make out that you have an agenda, you do a good enough job of that. :smile:

Cā€™mon man, you were wrong about Gnabry, I donā€™t see why you donā€™t just accept it. Ox was such a failure in forward positions that he canā€™t even really be played in those positions. To compare them is pointless. One is clearly better than the other. That Ox has one good performance and shows signs that maybe heā€™s a bit better than Palace level, doesnā€™t change that.

:giroud: see

Was a top quality goal by Theo, A keeper of the Germanā€™s quality should have done better and I think the way Theo just lashed the shot took him by surprise.

Perfect example of why the Arsenal fanatic base is an embarrassment. The man has scored 19 of our 101 goals this season. 20% of our goal tally, and unthankful Arsenal fanatics refer to him as useless or invisible.

3 Likes

Come on, give us more. Donā€™t be the guy who has his own agenda.

1 Like

Theo has been very good recently. His season has been one of his best in his career overall.

Heā€™s simply a limited footballer, 19 goals though is a good return for this season. With his limitations in lots of facets though he needs this sort of tally every campaign to justify himself.

He is a good player, and those statistics are as good as any of our attacking players.
But when you consider he is our longest serving player, and has been here more than ten seasons, he doesnā€™t do it nearly often enough.

As for the fan base being an embarrassment, how is wanting better than adequate an embarrassment?

You want to read some of your own biased quotes defending Wenger before criticising others.

1 Like

Heā€™s a poacher, really

1 Like