Theo Walcott

Yeah but if we only ever turn up for one leg what does it matter.

We’ve beaten barca and bayern several times in the ro16 and it’s never been good enough because we can’t do it over two legs.

1 Like

We’ve beaten Bayern once in the round of 16. After we had been whooped at our own place 1-3.

Wins in one leg of the Round of 16 are next to meaningless, it only matters who progresses to the final 8.

1 Like

Depressingly illuminating as always Aussie :per::hipster:

1 Like

I must admit I did enjoy the one over Barcelona in 2011 though as it was the 1st leg and gave us genuine hope, it differs slightly from the other glorious failures.

Wouldn’t be starting in Munich Wednesday night if it was up to me.

3 Likes

Unless it is for a 3rd division German side next year…

1 Like

He will become a centurion in Munich. I believe in you, 140k! :theo:

2 Likes

The centurions were slaughtered by the Germans and then never seen again.

Sounds about right.

5 Likes

He’s a shoe in to reach the century at Sutton United, wouldn’t shock me if he cashes in with another hat trick that game.

1 Like

Rich mans Perry Groves

1 Like

https://streamable.com/57ckt

some really memorable goals

1 Like

Not his biggest fan and his deficiencies really annoy me but 100 goals for the one club is something to be proud of.

3 Likes

I think I read somewhere that he’s only the 18th or 19th player to achieve it for us. Considering he’s never really been a striker, how much of his career he spent as not first choice and then add in all the injuries it’s a significant achievement.

If he can have another 3-4 seasons like this one (I’m not especially hopeful) we could see him in around the Ian Wright territory of goals scored.

2 Likes

For all his weaknesses as an all-round footballer, he has been a capable influence at the top level.

1 Like

Got 12/14 on Theo quiz on Arsenal.com

Was one of the questions, who is the most inconsistent player ever to wear an Arsenal shirt?

3 Likes

I’d like to be pleased and he has has a couple of influential seasons but really his achievement is never leaving when he threatened to and never being sold. Same story with Rooney.

I also hate the “not a forward” argument because to me he’s been a forward since we stopped playing 442 7 years ago or whenever it was. He took the Bergkamp/RvP role of second forward once we shifted to playing Fabregas/Rosicky/Cazorla/Ozil where the second forward used to be. It’s always been his job to score goals which is probably why he’s been in the team over the years even when he’s out of form. You can certainly tell he’s a forward by how angry he gets when he’s not given the ball in space near the box :grin:.

I like to think otherwise but maybe I’m just biased. I’ve never rated him as much more than an above average off the ball runner and finisher but others have so maybe I’m just wrong about this one.

4 Likes

Theo…such a G.

And now he wins a pen. Wtf are these officials doing standing behind the fucking goal, clear pen and he pussies out.