Theo Walcott

Well put. It’s precisely Theo at his most productive. When he gets this confidence, he seems to charge down defenders a lot more and when you consider that Alexis and Iwobi are also pressing the fuck out of the backline it’s a real recipe for strife for any back four. With the speed that Theo can press a defender it’s a wonder why he doesn’t do so more often (whether he’s in or out of form).

After today’s performance, only one person is clearly ITK and that’s @GunnerGirl :wink:

2 Likes

Do you think A4TT is ok? I’m kinda worried something has happened to him.

1 Like

Im not his biggest fan I think everyone knows that, but against Chelsea he was brilliant his work ethic included. Only mistake was early in the 2nd half when he tried to centre for Sanchez I thought he should have tried to finish himself.

2 Likes

Yep Aussie. I’ve been quite critical of Theo at times as well. However, he has really increased his work rate this season so far. IF he can keep this up, Arsenal are so much more dangerous.

Fantastic today.

2 Likes

I think that’s what made Sanchez so good as CF too. Having 3 front players who press so much helps so much and with Sanchez instigating it Chelsea simply couldn’t rest.

My boy proving the doubters wrong. Make em eat their words Theo my dood!! :theo:

2 Likes

Theo Walcott: Has already made more tackles (12) in 6 PL apps this season as he managed in the last 2 seasons combined (11) pic.twitter.com/VyALWZYacm

— WhoScored.com (@WhoScored) September 26, 2016
4 Likes

This is the real difference I saw yesterday. A committed, energetic, and aggressive Theo with actual balls. Keep doing that and he can be very useful.

Was pretty impressed with him yesterday. I think at this point he’s made himself a viable option for the right wing.

I don’t really like Theo as a player because he does appear to shy away from the ball if things aren’t going well. But if we have Alexis and Iwobi taking up the other two forward positions I see why Theo is working.

I’d still prefer someone who is a little bit better at not dribbling the ball out of play but that second goal yesterday was magic.

@AbouCuellar

Please keep it up for longer than few months.

Putting fear into Theo or getting him something to be motivated seems to bring the best out in him. He needs to show this hunger and attitude for all games and not just the big occasions. But it is nice to see he’s becoming a viable option on the pitch again.

Yeah, there’s no doubt he’s putting in more of a shift defensively, and that Wenger has demanded this of him and he’s responded (otherwise him playing on the right simply isn’t viable). But that doesn’t explain his returning to himself as a useful option offensively as much as the other factors I noted do.

He wants to be on the plane to Russia in 2018, he’s doing his best to be a Fat sam regular call up.

Theo was crap since his last comeback from injury and missing the plane to Franch must have been a wake up call . This season whilst he hasnt always been good he has worked harder and now the form is coming back . There is no-one who would be more happy than I if he smashed it this year and repeyed the managers faith in him . I always liked him made excuses for him but gave up on him last year as I did with the OX. If he or they both come good this year it’s better late than never !
Consistency and sustained effort is what its all about in this game ,can’t turn up one week and vanish the next ,maybe just maybe he/they learn that lesson soon !

As long as we play efficient and/or well his productivity will be good.

I know it’s still early days but looks like Wenger was right when he said we’d see a different Walcott this season.

1 Like

Getting left at home for the Euros was a massive wake up call for him. He’s basically always been in England’s plans up till then. He had a shocket last year and was rightly overseen for the squad. He’s actually playing with some fucking aggression for a change like he has something to prove. About time as well.

6 Likes

Hopefully Theo performs like this for a whole season though and its not just a 1 month flash in the pan.