U.S. Politics

@CunningLinguist, i haven’t read a single word of your post, was going to simply ignore you but thought better of it in case you do it again, do me the courtesy and never speak to me again!

Sorry Ocke but i didn’t get past this bit…under secretary of state Hillary Clinton, we’ve seen Egypt turned over to the Muslim Brotherhood, which forced Egyptian military to take back control. Iraq while far from Stable was relatively ok, now it’s just a complete mess.Libya destroyed and handed over to ISIS. Syria in a bloody state of civil war and mass migration into the west. ISIS didn’t even exist and now they’re all over the place. yep, she’s defo done a fantastic job. Hillary gets in and i have zero doubt the whole planet will go down the shitter!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzkkk-oJ6bo

I wonder what a republican thinks of man sucking Russia’s cock. Reagan would be very proud of it.

Oh, and he hates muslim so much! (yeah, the people without a lot of money).

http://cdn.thedailybeast.com/content/dailybeast/articles/2015/12/07/donald-trump-loves-muslims-if-they-re-rich/jcr:content/image.img.2000.jpg/1449604571662.cached.jpg

Lol, g4e got smoked. He or She should just quote directly from the Onion.

2 Likes

Have I ever mentioned her doing a “fantastic job”? Saying it’s like choosing between the lesser of two evils is hardly a compliment, and doesn’t mean I think she is the lesser.

All things you mention are part of the history of the USA and its History of foreign policies. You can say that it started with the first Gulf war and then the War on terror, but I would take it as far back to the Vietnam war even. It’s all part of US history fuckups trying to force democracy. But that’s a completely different discussion and pointing out Hillary as a big reason for ISIS? Come on. The ozone layer was thin and became worse in the eighties, let’s blame that on Reagon then. Because it didn’t exist in any form before his rise to power?

So yet again, to choose between corruption or narcissism. Not easy, and what is the lesser of two evils I leave to the voters.

1 Like

The problem is not so much the source, the problem is the mainstream media doesn’t report on any of this. where else are you supposed to get the information if the MSM is not reporting it? not pointing fingers at anybody, Some people simply obsess on the source and never look at the info or try and find their own better sources.

I couldn’t careless if the info was plastered on the side of a toilet cubicle in faeces, all i care about is if the information is correct.

Hitler had a Jewish girlfriend. I’d still rate him as pretty anti-Semitic.

You can always find a few nuts to form groups such as those you named, but the ones who are really wanking over Trump are the white supremacists. He’s inspiring them like nobody has done since George Wallace in 1968 (Trump’s campaign has been eerily similar). And even Paul Ryan, the Republican Speaker of the House (who is supporting Trump out of political expediency), has labeled his comments as racist.

Trump has a history of racism that goes well beyond this campaign. For that matter, it long predates his racist birtherism during the 2012 campaign. His own father made a fortune as a slumlord and was once arrested at a Ku Klux Klan rally. Trump was sued for racial discrimination by the Nixon Justice Department in the 1970s and he was the key figure pushing the “Central Park Five” case in the 1980s.

Trump admitted to having said this about a black accountant who worked at his company: “Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day. … I think that the guy is lazy. And it’s probably not his fault, because laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that. It’s not anything they can control.”

So give me a break. Trump not a racist just because he has a black friend? Please. Trump has been so successful in the Republican Party precisely because he is a racist. People admit it all the time without actually admitting it. “Trump’s not afraid to speak the truth! He’s not afraid to say what he thinks even if it’s not politically correct!” When people on the right complain about political correctness they’re complaining because they want to be able to call black people n$&&#rs without being criticized for it. Just like the good old days.

Donald Trump’s long history of racism, from the 1970s to 2016, explained

2 Likes

Doesn’t Ku Klux Klan support him?

I am highly critical of Hillary Clinton’s hawkish foreign policy, but to blame her for these things is insane. The whole mess in that region of the world stems from many decades of bad U.S. (and western) foreign policy. More specifically, the things you mention are a direct result of our invasion and occupation of Iraq. What do you suggest that Hillary Clinton, as Secretary of State, have done to prevent an uprising and coup against Egypt’s entrenched dictatorship? And the Islamic State predates Hillary Clinton’s term as Secretary of State (it was formed from the Mujahideen Shura Council in 2006). And what became Islamic State was formed largely from remnants of Saddam’s Baath forces after we disarmed them and drove them out of Bagdad (turning the country over to pro-Iranian Shiites and leaving much of the Sunni majority without a voice). You can criticize Hillary for voting to give Bush the green light to do that, but she still isn’t the one who created the mess.

Clinton may not be the ideal candidate for middle eastern policy, but she’s leaps and bounds ahead of the insanity of Donald Trump, who has advocated that we use the military to seize the oil fields and put them under U.S. control. Hillary is the status quo. Trump is liable to start World War III (and Europe might even be a battleground if he succeeds in tearing apart NATO).

1 Like

The Klan loves him. David Duke loves him. All the white supremacist groups love him. And he regularly retweets them.

1 Like

@Moondoggie,

Reading your Trump/racist link now. not going to read all of it because it’s nearly10.30 pm and i’m gonna put a film on and relax. i fancy something classic, like Planet of the Apes (the original of course). anyways, as for Trump saying that Obama wasn’t born in the US constitutes racism, well, Obama was not born in the US. neither has Obama produced a viable and original birth certificate. the one he produced has been found to be a fraudulent badly photoshopped document. you can look it up for yourself.in his own words, he was born in Kenya. read it for yourself from his very own pamphlet…

I can’t believe this shite about birth certs gets regurgitated even now within the last six months of his presidency. You think the fucking Democrats didn’t spend massive money trying to catch him in a lie?

2 Likes

I’ve given you the benefit of the doubt on previous occasions, but you have done this so many times now I can’t see it as anything other than a cop out. I posted a comprehensive list from reddit of racist shit Trump has done or said and you had an excuse for why you couldn’t read it, and never returned to the debate. You’ve done this in response to me on at least one other seperate occasion too.

I’m seriously struggling to see this as anything other than you dodging difficult questions, or as you only hearing what you want to hear.

It’s getting to be a bit transparent. If you are willing to tolerate his vile racism because you hate “Hitlery” that much then have the courage of your convictions and say so.

6 Likes

Oh, good grief. You really need to lay off the right-wing conspiracy sites. You’re just embarrassing yourself now (or would be if you had the sense to be embarrassed). In order to believe that Obama was born in Kenya and his birth certificate was faked, you must accept that a plot was concocted in 1961 to falsify the birth of a black child born in the days of segregation on the chance that the child might someday grow up to run for president. The plot would have had to involve not only Obama’s family, but the hospital that sent out birth notices and the two major Honolulu newspapers that printed the birth announcement. Then you must accept that almost half a century later the conspiracy was joined by the Republican governor of Hawaii, the Republican state registrar of records and others in that office. There’s roughly the same chance that the moon landing was faked and that the Queen, the Bush family, the Clintons and other world leaders are shapeshifting lizard people.

The birth certificate provided by Obama was the official birth certificate of the State of Hawaii. It’s the same one everybody else gets. It was not “badly photoshopped.” It was not, in fact, photoshopped at all. The nutters claimed that it was faked because somebody found you could take apart layers in Adobe Illustrator. But actual Illustrator experts have demonstrated that this is a common result of off-the-shelf scanning software. There are videos you can watch that show you just how this happens. And even Fox News ran an article using an Illustrator expert to debunk this ridiculous conspiracy.

Expert: No Doubt Obama’s Birth Certificate Is Legit

As for the thing you posted about the promotional booklet, those were not Obama’s “own words.” They were written by people putting together bios in a publisher’s office who had no idea who Obama was (this was 1991, after all). It was a simple case of misreading the notes. Even Breitbart, which brought it to light, cautioned that Obama was born in Hawaii and it meant nothing, but was merely a curiosity. Snopes had this from the person who did write it:

Miriam Goderich edited the text of the bio; she is now a partner at the Dystel & Goderich agency, which lists Obama as one of its current clients.

“You’re undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time,” Goderich wrote. “There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more.”

I find it hilarious that you tell people to stop believing what they read and do some research. Well, there’s research and then there’s research. Alex Jones’ Infowars (and other such places) aren’t the right place to do research unless you want people to think you’re a nut.

4 Likes

Oh god! Still going on with Obama not being american? I thought we were past it by now.
Edit: interesting that the people who hate politics are always right-wing in the end :wink:

2 Likes

Eating KFC with knife and fork, odious twat!

@g4e have you finished watching your film yet?

2 Likes

2 Likes

I find it amusing, and slightly scary, that people still think Trump had any intention of winning this election :slight_smile:

Please elaborate @Jules

He may have probably started the campaign for fun but you had be kidding if you think He is not tempted to go all the way.