U.S. Politics

Just goes to show how dumb people are!

Jill should be on the ballot in all but a few states in the end. In 2012, she was on the ballot in 37 states, representing 85 percent of ballots. She could be on as many as 47 this time. They’ve even got enough signatures for Georgia, one of the toughest states for ballot access. Right now it’s 23 states and counting. I expect to be voting for her in Virginia, as I did in 2012.

Of course you’re right that the system is rigged by our two corporate parties. Alternative parties (particularly well-established ones such as the Greens and Libertarians) should not have to jump through all these hoops for ballot access. And because the Democrats and Republicans control the debates, we’ll not be seeing Jill or Gary Johnson onstage because neither will be polling at 15 percent or more. And that becomes a Catch-22 – they can’t get to 15 percent without being heard and they can’t be heard without getting to 15 percent.

1 Like

Nobody actually knows if it was Russia that hacked the DNC.

Not one iota of evidence has been produced to that fact.

Could you possibly point me to a good article on how this system works? Will wiki do the job?

Actually there’s a lot of evidence tracing the hack to Russia.

Clues to DNC Hacking Point to Russia, Despite Trump Claims

Are you serious or sarcadtic? Cause usually when you reply to one of my posts it’s to mock me.

Well thats really not true. Usually when I respond it’s because I disagree with what you’ve said. I often use sarcasm but its certainly not to mock the person I’m responding to.

But yes I’m actually asking because I havent a clue how the American voting system actually works beyond a broad outline.

Sorry, the DNC emails do not show any such thing. Mainly they show that people at the DNC wanted Clinton to win (which anybody with a clue knew anyway) but pretty much sat on their asses and did very little about it. Bernie lost because he got a lot fewer votes and got his ass beat all over the south and in many other large states. Nothing was stolen from him.

Hillary obviously is a typical lying politician but Trump would be so much worse in so many ways. He is not only a naked racist, he has no whatsoever about foreign policy or economics yet is so famously narcissistic that he is unlikely to delegate decision making in those areas to experts. The danger of putting that kind of person into the White House, the leader of the world’s most powerful country and in charge of the world’s largest nuclear arsenal, cannot be underestimated.

Anybody even contemplating the idea of voting to make Donald Trump the most powerful human being on Earth needs their head checked. And that goes for people voting for Jill Stein as well because they think there is no difference between Trump and Clinton.

4 Likes

What is worse is that he probably doesn’t know what he is doing. Do you really believe Trump knows his stuff?

Interesting article on Trump’s ties with Russia: Donald Trump and Russia: a web that grows more tangled all the time

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/30/donald-trump-paul-manafort-ukraine-russia-putin-ties?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

This is from February…

Hillary Superdelegate: Why Your Vote Doesn’t Count!

Wikileaks Proves Primary Was Rigged: DNC Undermined Democracy

Shocker: WikiLeaks Emails Prove Clinton, CNN & DNC Conspired to Sabotage Sanders’ Campaign; DNC Chairwoman Steps Down in Shame
http://sandrarose.com/2016/07/wikileaks-emails-prove-clinton-cnn-dnc-conspired-to-sabotage-sanders/

Leaked Emails Reveal Clinton Stole Democratic Nomination By Conspiring To Get More Votes

Hillary Clinton Using Superdelegates To Steal The Nomination from Bernie Sanders

That’s just from a very rough and quick search.

Edit, as for Trump being a racist…

I’m sorry but that video has zero credibility. He’s a preaching pastor, does one need to say more? It’s like saying “I have nothing against women, my wife is a woman”. Or “I have a friend who’s black/gay/”.

1 Like

Who cares if he preaches or not? the point is he’s a black man who’s had private meetings with Trump. for him to come out and endorse Trump after knowing him privately i’d think the man was satisfied Trump is not a racist…at least to his face. who truly knows what goes through an individuals head? we can only go by what we see and hear.

Regardless, go look up Latinos for Trump. African Americans for Trump, Sikhs for Trump, Muslims for Trump, on down the line.

It’ll be interesting to see how Trump and Hillary poll with the Latino vote. That’ll probably decide the election for either one.

tbf there wouldn’t be a lot of people who would actually survive the whole E-Mail debacle that was surrounding Clinton for a long time. She’s got serious dirt on her and if she wasn’t running for president she’d feel the consequences by now.

If the whole US voting system wasn’t so broken, non of the options available would be running for presidency and it’s somewhat scary they are. Not sure really who’s the worse of them both.

Same could be said about nazi Germany (no I don’t think Trump is a nazi), who had black members in their armed forces. Trump is a business man, I’m sure he would strike a deal with anyone, regardless of their background, as long as it benefits him. Here in Sweden we even have a far right wing gay organisation with roots within the Swedish Democrats, who have their own Pride parade Jerba. This doesn’t make the Swedish Democrates agenda any more non-racist or credible.

I’m not sure what agenda the Latinos/Muslims etc for Trump have. But obviously they think it benefits themselves if he wins, whatever their reason. It does not however make Trump less of a bigot and racist, his words speak for themselves.

1 Like

Going to have to agree to disagree. and the post that was put up earlier. i think it’s allot of BS and media hype. but i have a question…

Ok, lets for the sake of argument say Trump would be the absolute worst thing for the US and the world, who gets your vote?

This article discusses the problem with only two parties. Thisil is basically the current predicament.

I can link some articles which show how we got to this point. Like I said it’s been 150 years since the election process has been this way.

1 Like

Ahahahahaha, your “sources” again. Yes, a “very rough and quick search”, indeed. Your first “source”, the plantain.com describes itself on their website like this:

About Us
Miami’s Like Most Super News Source, Bro.

The Plantain is Miami’s preeminent satirical news outlet. You’re probably reading some posts and coming up with your own ideas for fake news stories about Miami.

Two other headlines of theirs, right next to the one you’re quoting:
Hilary Clinton asks Russia to find Trump’s IRS returns during convention speech
and, even better
Trump’s RNC speech plagiarized Hitler’s 1933 inaugural adress
And you quote that site at face value treating it as actual news.:joy::laughing:

The other “source” of yours, calls itself nowtheendbegins.com and is, apparently, a christian right website devoted to the joy of the rapture. Basically people who can’t wait to throw off this mortal coil and be reborn after death.
Their headlines include:
Pope Francis gives Illuminati hand sign to start historic address before congress
or this
http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/nj-teen-comes-lesbian-parents-throw-rainbow-pride-party/
which is, of course, ripe with homophobia.
I have to admit, I can’t really make out if they are serious, or are also a satirical outlet.

Thinking about that, you might actually be in constant troll mode as well. The probability is just as high as you actually meaning the shit you write and believing any person on here would take your “sources” seriously. If you’re really trolling: Good job mate, you certainly got me. I’ve always thought you were a total nutjob, when you’re maybe just really, really good at impersonating one. Maybe it’s even for a research project or a master thesis. In that case, apologies!

5 Likes

[quote=“g4e, post:77, topic:177, full:true”]

If I did have a vote it’s a choice of the lesser of two evils really. Sadly with Hillary you know what you get, a obviously classic corrupt politician, but one who could keep the world relatively stable. She is also surrounded by other corrupt influences and the ties with Saudi Arabia is especially worrying imo. Trump on the other hand can say whatever he wants, because people expect him too. And it’s part of his political circus. He is however not a better person, he just doesn’t care what people say about him.
So a choice between classic corruption and narcissism. I honestly don’t know who I would choose.