U.S. Politics

Maybe our Yankee doodle pals can confirm, but I’m not sure the Republicans even are that much more hawkish or interventionist than the Democrats. Democrat Presidents took the US into the Korean and Vietnam Wars. Obama bombed what, seven countries? Think I heard someone say that that is a record for any President.

I think that for our generation (we’re a similar age right?!) it feels like the Republicans are the hawkish ones when it comes to foreign policy because of the two Bushes and their Gulf War.

I find it hard to feel too strongly about US politics because both parties are so much further to the right than anything I’d vote for here. It’s partly why I find all the fawning over Obama amongst lefties to be so annoying when they spend the rest of their time calling David Cameron a cunt.

1 Like

Having “parties” gives the illusion that there is choice and there is a democracy , which there clearly isnt . Hillary has been chosen to head the circus by the people who run the world . She and Obama have done what they were asked and kept the perpetual war going and will continue to do so bringing us closer to war with Russia every day.
Both these candidates are rancid examples of the rotting corpse of America !

Well…At least she’s been brought to task on the Putin/Russia baiting.

“Russia is a country with 1800 nuclear warheads (they upgraded and we didn’t) and she is playing chicken”

Then she called him a Putin puppet which I found hilarious. :arteta:

EDIT:

“Mr Trump, Win or lose will you accept the outcome of this election?”

DT: “I’ll take a look at it at the time and then give you my answer. Keep you in suspense”

What the hell is wrong with this guy? :facepalm:

Clinton just did to Trump what Arsenal did to Ludogorets a few hours earlier.

Clear win for Clinton in this debate and with the vote only 20 days away - not to mention a 10+ lead in poll of polls - it’s sayonara to The Donald.

Loved the digs about her role in bringing down Bin Laden while he was fucking around doing ‘Celebrity Apprentice’. :joy:

Trump is so fucked up in the head it is unbelievable.

Even debate.

Both candidates targetted their own supporters & tried to maintain them.

I was also keeping an eye on facebook comments & man Trump supporters are vocal.
With American people so religious, Her ‘Pro-Choice’ stance didn’t sit well with them.

They both have basically just kept their support even through all the controversies. It’s gonna come down to who shows up to vote but overall Hillary has the advantage because she’s the typical politician who has a lot more clout in the media for obvious reasons. The only way I see her losing is if enough people are so jaded they don’t turn out whihch won’t be an issue for Trump because the GOP is a little more loyal IMO.

Apparently the gap is down to 4 % points difference but I can’t believe that, especially after Trump’s disastrous showing in the latest debate.

Just like UK elections have traditionally favoured Labour because of our electoral boundaries and respective populations (the Tories are finally getting round to fiddling this back towards their favour) so the Democrats can hardly fail to win here you’d think, what with two of the three big states (California and New York) perennially in their favour. So that’s 80 odd college votes in the bag every time.

Rubio was the only viable threat to the Democrats here; they say even Republic states like Arizona are going to become swing states soon because of the increasing Latino vote. If the Republicans can get someone credible as their candidate I could envisage a real contest in the next cycle, rather than the GOP dying a slow death like the Democrats did in the 80s for example.

Marco Rubio fucked it up but he was by the far the most attractive candidate from a Republican and moderate viewpoint.

This might also come down to the FBI stating no charges need be brought against Clinton, so it’s become much more of a non-story.

All this “send her to prison” shit is just cringeworthy and a buzzphrase repeated for the benefit of stupid people getting caught up in the non-scandal.

There’s far more human interest in sex stories, as Jakey says, plus secondly the story is still very much ‘alive’ whereas the Clinton scandal is dead and buried, reduced to a tiresome snorefest every time Trump brings it up again in a last ditch attempt to sway moderates. Everyone knows Clinton was naive and stupid blah blah, no she isn’t going to prison. Time to move on?

Read this and then tell me the send her to prison thing is cringeworthy.

Hillary also bleached the server so she should be indicted for obstruction of justice as well. Anyways what she did is far worse than trump but yeah people are interested in sex scandals.

Don’t read too much into polls. The people who are already decided aren’t going to switch to Hillary or vice versa. When Trump has a scandal going on the people who support trump that are polled won’t reply because they are embarrassed of their candidate. The same goes for Hillary that’s why the polls pulled to a dead heat when Hillary was caught lying about her health. You can be sure they’ll turn out to vote though when it’s anonymous.

3 Likes

You might be viewing things with Hillary tinted glasses anyways. Here are the results of the CNN focus group from the debate. 21 undecided voters asked who had won the debate. 10 Trump, 5 Hillary, and 6 didn’t know.

https://www.google.com/amp/ijr.com/wildfire/2016/10/718437-jake-tapper-stuns-twitter-by-dropping-results-of-cnn-focus-group-on-last-nights-debate-winner/amp/?client=ms-android-sprint-us

I understand where you are coming from though. Europeans no doubt want Clinton to win for obvious reasons. Trump is probably technically a psychochitc. About 1 out of 100 people are and a lot of them are CEO’s of big companies and wall street moguls. But to run the country yes maybe not the best disposition. So for foreign affairs Trump because of his outspokenness is definitely not ideal.

However what you guys don’t understand is that middle America is struggling big time. All the jobs Trump is always on about leaving the country is true, and not only do jobs leave but it destroys entire communities that depend on said jobs. So that resonates big time with middle class Americans in rural areas (which is large sections of our country). I’m not going to jump on the bandwagon and believe Trump could or would ever actually change that, but that’s what he’s promising and the working class people are definitely jaded right now towards Obama and Hillary.

I like to know why Hillary can’t delete her personal mails?
Genuine question.

I see your ‘Trump-loyalists-are-a-bit-embarrassed-about-their-man-currently-but-will-still-come-out-and-vote-on-the-day-card’

and I raise you a ‘Voter-registration-among-recent-arrived-immigrants-is-really-high-in-traditional-GOP-states-and-first-time-voter-turnout-is-always-high’ card :sunglasses:

What’s the situation going to be like if Trump loses Arizona? Okay only 11 college votes but he shouldn’t be losing that state. Current polling has Clinton carrying that state.

Michelle Obama is working a charm on these voters apparently.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-37743047

She didn’t want to use a government server for her email purposes. So she had a private server. She was sent classified emails to this private server. Once she got heat about Benghazi she was asked to provide the emails which conveniently for her were not available. If she had used the server she was supposed to the emails would have been readily available. She had 30,000+ emails so yeah a lot of that was private and that’s not a crime. But the classified ones she deleted and then did her best to hide is the issue here. She also denied having ever received classified emails which wasn’t true. If she wasn’t who she is she really would be on trial right now. See the above article I posted.

Why can’t they get the Benghazi emails from ones who sent it to her or ones who received it from her?

I’m not sure that’s a good question. Regardless though state department employees were time and time again told not to use unsecured servers and Clinton completely ignored them.

@Trion OK I cleared this up a bit. They do have the emails and it seems she was cleared of wrongdoing with the Benghazi thing (even though she had bad judgment and did get 4 Americans killed). The issue was a person in her position mishandling classified information. That’s why she was investigated by the FBI. They took not easy on her. Since she used a private server she was exempt from a law here about privacy. Government employees have to be transparent and submit all their emails when requested. If using a private server you can avoid that which is kinda what Clinton did.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.vox.com/platform/amp/2016/9/19/12941006/clinton-email-scandal-cartoon?client=ms-android-sprint-us

Still can’t see it how this is a big deal to send her into prison & make her any less of a presidential candidate than Trump, who is similarly yet to disclose his tax returns.

I am sure plenty worse under hand mail communications are done by other politicians on their respective personal account.

Do you think that is different in any Western country? And it’s not jobs leaving (they don’t have legs), it is companies, in your case often American companies, headed by American managers, taking production elsewhere because elsewhere is a place where workers can be exploited more efficiently. And a capitalist like Trump, who’s all about making as much profit as possible, is going to change that? How daft can people actually get?. Look at the Western economy model, it is the same everywhere you look: Working people have less money in their pockets despite ever-increased productivity, while the owners with their connections in politics and media get richer and social security system are dismantled. Still people vote for parties like Democrats, Republicans, New Labour, the Tories, Lib-Dems, CDU, SPD, Les Republicains, PP, PSOE, PD, FI and so on, who have done nothing but furthered the downfall of the lower and middle classes for decades.

7 Likes

Well Wikileaks exposes Hillary and what she is about even more so. The media establishment is just protecting her. It’s no coincident that trumps groped women came out right after Wikileaks’s to distract people and get them talking something less meaningful