U.S. Politics

I found it quite depressing, large parts of it were Trump attacking Clinton about the emails and her defending of Bill Clinton’s wrongdoings (mudslinging by association) whilst Clinton went after Trump on his clear misogynism.

I’d say Trump got more traction in attacking Clinton than the other way round. Far too little time was spent on discussing policy. For this reason I’d say Trump shaded it on the ‘performance’ aspect of the debate.

Trump’s weakest moments were his discussion of foreign policy, he just seems way out of his depth talking about global issues for some reason. He talked a massive amount of shit there as well, e.g. the USA giving Iran $150 billion in the terms of the Iran deal, lolwut? It’s called unfreezing assets you chopper. He’s also not doing himself any favours by continually denying his previous views on the Iraq war.

Anyway they were both on the defensive, repeating questionable half truths and avoiding questions wherever possible with diversionary tactics and tangents. Depressing stuff it really was. You can see why Trump wins points among the stupid for “telling it like it is” in certain aspects, like the “locker room talk” defence, but so much of what he said last night has already been debunked (see, e.g. today’s Guardian blog on it) and yet many of his rabid followers will take him at gospel.

Basically Trump’ reputation among his hardcore support is assured, no matter how many damaging videos come out, but I think he’s lost too many floating voters by now. With Clinton it doesn’t seem like the Bill-related stuff is doing her that much damage, while the email scandal is already fully exposed and unlikely to get any worse for her.

2 Likes

Yeah wtf I’m sure Obama was in on it.

1 Like

WTF!? Is he for real?

So…A Putin ally has said that Americans should vote Trump or there could be war between Russia & the US - leading to Nuclear warfare. Also, Putin has issued a “come home” notice to Russians abroad because of the threat of worldwide conflict.

WW3 is cooking gentlemen. Grab yo’ guns. :wink:

(kidding…But the scaremongering is hitting overdrive at the moment.)

World War 3 will never happen…
World is too interconnected these days for that to happen.

1 Like

But that’s what they said before World War 1.

There are two states that will decide this election: Ohio and Florida.

They’re the closest of the ‘swing states’ in terms of the predicted vote and also they have many electoral college numbers at stake, not like some pissant state like Nevada.

Seems like Trump needs both Ohio and Florida to stand a chance, if Clinton gets both or at least one of them then it’s done. And Clinton is going to pick up big numbers in central parts of Florida from the rapidly swelling Puerto Rican contingent I was reading, 61% of whom when polled said they were definitely voting Democrat compared to 13% for Republican.

Haven’t read so much about the situation in Ohio, but I see Clinton carrying Florida and taking the Weis Haus.

Florida and Ohio are always the states that decide things tbh. If you are a Democrat the troubling thing about Florida is that Democrats have a bad record of not turning out on election day. Florida is usually a hotly contested state because even though there are a lot of minorities in the bigger cities that always vote Democrat, the center of the state is all country and they will be voting Republican no doubt. Take a look at this map and see how the country votes. The blue is pretty much every major city lol.

Lake Michigan looks like a sad penis.

3 Likes

The Hispanics will be out in force and are up nearly 25% in voter registrations. Florida looks a cakewalk for Hillary tbh

Anyone else impressed with Trump straight up lying with entire world knowing that he is lying, and yet somehow get away with it.
I mean “I respect women. Nobody respects women more than me” :joy:

I am not bothered by his locker room banter because we guys tend to say stuffs like these in private but never mean it.
But holy fuck he said & got away with “Nobody respects women more than me”.

Haha man, the audacity.

1 Like

I’m much more impressed with Hillary and the downright illegal things she’s gotten away with. And the people here are just going to vote her into office. Not so much impressed actually more like depressed with how uninformed this country is.

1 Like

Let me simplify it to you.

You have a choice between a Clever Asshole, a Foolish Asshole, and 2 outsiders.

Voting 2 outsiders is as good as not voting.
So the choice is between a Clever Asshole & a Foolish Asshole.

If i were you, i would go for the Clever Asshole.

1 Like

The recent events show you just how corrupt American Politics are .
Trump wasnt liked by Big Business and big business controls America.
Big business Owns Hillary lock stock and two smoking barrels but did not own Trump.
These allegations against Trump have surfaced because those who control us are afraid that he might just win .
All the things that have been brought out against him in the last few days have been around for years but the timing of them bieng brought out in the press is no co-incidence .
One of the most used tricks in the NWO catalogue is sexual smearing and here you have it in abundance. Hillary is a crook , from the scandals of the Clinton Foundation to her criminal activities in Libya and Syria and Iraq her and Obama are up to their necks in shit but she will be the next president even if she is then impeached ! Its all window dressing ,as long as the Republicans control the 2 houses and especially the senate its business as usual !

1 Like

Umm it might have escaped your attention but Trump is big business running on the premise of more tax breaks for the 1% while doing away with Obamacare and other benefits, that’s his economic plan he’s running on. Essentially his economic plan is to give more tax breaks for himself. His argument is ‘it trickles down’.

You do realise Trump was recorded looking at 10 year old stating ‘I will be dating one of these girls in 10 years’? He’s been recorded stating he sexual assaults women. He’s called his daughter ‘a piece of ass’ and eluded to the fact he’d date her if she wasn’t his daughter. He’s been recorded on his show asking women to get on their knees to beg him. It’s hardly a stretch to believe he might actually have sexually assaulted women.

More importantly he was asked 3 times why he couldn’t use nuclear weapons pre-emptively. Yes I think there’s a good reason to be scared of Trump winning the white house before we even get into his fascist stances.

Yeah, His policies are more likely to benefit big corporations than Hillary’s.

He calls out how he knows the loopholes & manipulated it but he will end up creating more.

I read a very detailed article the other day (I’ll try to dig it out) about Trumps role in the modelling industry. When he put his daughter into the modelling world he signed her to a friend / competitor who was known in the industry to be a predatory paedophile. There is no way Trump would have been unaware of his behaviour as it was common knowledge and Trump himself ran his own stable of girls - the guy I am talking about now works for Trump, but at the time he was the man who launched the concept of the supermodel. Very bizarre behaviour from a father.

He is a very bizarre man.
I think in his business and personal life, the only thing that matters to him, is himself.
He is a classic sociopath and is clearly narcissistic, so that sort of behaviour would indicate that he thinks more about his business opportunities than his own family.

The amazing thing is that even his mental supporters know this but still fully support him.

If the Democrats had a less divisive candidate than Hilary Clinton, they would have won this election comfortably.
With a population of around 300m, it’s astonishing that these two are the choice for the most powerful job.

Saying that, we have had clowns like Farage and Johnson ruining our country, so there are plenty of nutters to go round.

Pretty sure boris and farrage aren’t running a thing at the moment thank god