U.S. Politics

Trump is a walking disaster.

I’ve said it for months and I’ll say it again. Clinton will score a big victory next month, totally at odds with the supposed neck-and-neck polling we’re seeing, or her being only marginally ahead. I’m not sure about the exact margin of victory, but it should really be bigger than Obama got in 2008 and bigger than Clinton got in 1992. Should really be approaching Ronald Reagan in 1984 if we’re honest, when he carried 49 of the 50 states.

Of course i’m exaggerating there, because in reality, too many Americans are fucking stupid. I hate trite generalisations, really I do, but when people still turn out in their millions to vote for Trump, I see no other way of putting it. What more does the guy have to come out with to convince people?

Even the generally unpopular Clinton has not come even CLOSE to plumbing the depths that this absolute chopper has. Who the fuck is going to vote for him now, other than white men in the central states, rust belt etc. He must have turned most recognised voting blocs away from him by now.

Should be close to a walkover for Clinton and, if not, it’s hard to argue against generalisations of American Republican voters being somewhat intellectually deficient in comparison to their Democrat brothers and sisters.

Any American on this board brave enough to say they’re voting for Trump? and care to explain their actual reasons? :joy:

1 Like

There’s no doubt that Trump is a xenophobic, sexist asshole. However I can’t understand anyone that says Clinton isn’t just as bad if not worse than Trump. That is of course unless you aren’t aware of all the terrible shit she’s done. And if you don’t know I won’t blame you because of course the mainstream media ignores or downplays the skeletons in her closet. Imo she’s the worse of two evils because not only does she have a checkered past as far as her character, she’s proven time and time again to be one of the most corrupt politicians out there. I wanted Bernie to win, but now I just want Clinton to lose so the system can be shaken up a bit. I hate these corrupt career politicians who are owned by banks and major corporations. So I guess there ya go I’m hoping Trump can win. On a side note I won’t be voting anyways lol.

1 Like

Clinton may be an extension of a flawed political system that you (America) are unhappy with. However, Trump’s another animal altogether, a complete downgrade of the political system into cheap rhetoric, soundbites and jingoism disengaged from reality.

No-one outside of the USA, the Kremlin and perhaps the Saudis want to see Trump elected. Trump and Clinton may both have a chequered past; Trump guarantees a dangerous future. Ultimately the fact that Trump laughs around about fucking married women isn’t that vital; it just proves once again that the man is a cock. Far more important is what he has to say about ISIS, China, Mexico and the like. Yes of course he’d be reined in somewhat on these absurd policies by more sensible and intelligent people around him, but America doesn’t have to reach that point in the first place.

Trump voters will form a mixture of the unaware, the misguided and the downright stupid. When stupid people are allowed to vote, bad things can happen. However Trump reached that awkward stage of almost self-parody some time ago, he’s slipping and it will thankfully be a comfortable, if not humiliating, Clinton victory.

3 Likes

I think Trump himself have leaked his taxes & that video.

Not that i like Clinton that much, but do you image Trump managing foreign politics?

A dangerous future? I don’t see it honestly. The guys managed to get this far without someone killing him and he’s a billionaire, I really doubt he’d get us into some nuclear war if that’s what you are referring to. Anyways he’d gwt his four years and that would be that. I guess my major concern is the economy and I have a lot more faith in trump to improve it than Hillary.

Have you sued South Park for copyright yet?

1 Like

The guys a dick no two ways about it, however the reality is the assholes are usually the ones that win. I have no doubt in my mind Trump has fucked over a countless number of people to get where he is. In fact he’s been using legal loopholes to not pay tax for 18 years. He’s a shrewd business person. When he says we’ve been getting ripped off because of all the bad deals we’ve made he’s right. Hillary will just keep making more bad deals cause she’s on the payroll.

The problem is that he’s the least person who can talk about a good deal.

Are you fucking kidding?
The guy is not a shrewd business person.
He has inherited the business & has not done much with it, apart from creating a brand which most don’t consider a reliable brand.

Business person hardly have time for media, reality shows and beauty contest, but Trump does.
Mostly because i doubt he handles business himself. His intellect is evident the way he speaks, the guy knows very little of business.

Same thing will apply with Politics.
I guess he will just be the face & voice of the party but actual work will be done by someone else, and he won’t be allowed to have a say in it.
Maybe a deal has been struck to excuse his personal business while he stays the desk doing nothing.

What is worrying however is that the closet racist will come piling out in America, seeing how a racist is the President & gets away with everything.

The policy he stated during the debate is quite stupid, especially given the fact that it was implemented before & failed.

Deal with 4 years of Clinton/Gary Johnson rather than 4 years of utter drama which will come out every week because of Trump beautiful best mouth.

1 Like

The problematic thing about the comments is the sexual assault element of the comments, kissing women without permission and grabbing them by the pussy, not the trying to fuck a married woman part lol. Although I suspect the married woman part won’t go down well with a lot of Republicans.

@BigWeng_4LYFE can you outline some of the awful and corrupt things Clinton has done please?

If you want Clinton to lose that bad why not cast a vote for Trump?

I’ve never understood people who refuse to vote but have both a rooting interest and an actual interest in the outcome.

Trump is a candidate that we’ve never seen before. I’ll be telling my kids stories about him and the embarrassment his campaign and candidacy caused. I didn’t think I’d ever be more ashamed at being American than after some of the Bush era policies following the Iraq war, but Trump managed to pull it off.

2 Likes

I want Jill Stein but she’s got no chance besides I’m in California a vote here for anything other than a Democrat is a waste of time.

I thought your system was presidential, as in you all just vote for the President rather than for an MP to represent your constituency and the party with the most constituent MPs forming a government?

First off I’m going to say I could care less what kind of personal life the president has. As long as you are doing whats best for the people of the country. Trump has no filter he’s people an idiot, he puts his foot in his mouth. It’s just an opinion but I’d rather have that than a leader who admits to just teling the people what they want to hear and having a private agenda (this was in a speech to wall street that was just leaked in the emails btw). People do a lot of fucked up stuff l, I would just like to see equal treatment, and I won’t lie I’m a little annoyed that Clinton is such a hypocrit.

If we are gonna go back years then there’s an interview of Clinton talking about how she was able to get a man acquitted of raping a 12 year old girl. She eludes to knowing he was guilty and then used character assisanation on the 12 year old to help with her case. Just annoying that she champions herself as such a protector of women.

Bill Clinton has been accused of raping several women and also forcing himself upon countless others. Eyewitnesses have testified to Hillary trying to intimidate and silence these women. Once again she portrays herself as such a feminist, but when it doesn’t suit her I guess that goes out the window.

She referred to african americans as super predators in the 90’s. Maybe she didn’t mean it like that but she had to apologize for it recently which to me infers she knew what she was saying. However she’s got such a great history of equal rights. Hypocritical stuff like this annoys me to no end.

In the emails that were hacked that just uncovered a shit load of corruption.

The vote is done by what’s called the electoral college. For example Obama beat Romney by about 6 million votes. But with electoral votes he beat him by over 100. Each state has a number of electoral votes up for grabs 570 in total I think. Almost every state votes either Dem or Republican regardless, and then there are generally 3 or 4 swing states. Really the only states that matter are Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Florida because they can go either way.

So I guess it’s more like the second description you gave there. They don’t split the electoral vote though. If Clinton wins the popular vote in Clifornia she gets all 55.

In 2000 Gore won the popular vote, but because Bush conned his way to the win in Florida he edged him in electoral votes and won. Our country is fucked in more than one way my friend.

Trump inherited 40m from his father. He’s worth $4b according to Forbes. So did he stumble and bumble his way to that money? Maybe I guess it’s possible. He’s in reality a real estate man. Regardless the two options are to continue on the beaten path of corrupt politicians, or try something new. By the way the idea of the country going through massive changes in 4 years is not realistic anyways. Everyone always thinks the president is going to make some sort of massive difference when in reality the senate and house of reps have equal power and can stop anything trump tried to do any time they wish if he were to become president. See Obama’s first term as proof of that.

This is an interesting point. It can be argued that the career politician is a large part of the reason why the modern democratic process is so flawed.

Enter a man like Trump: who isn’t necessarily vested in any political alliances or special interests, his only allegiances is to the people in a sense. I can see he appeals to many within the electorate in an anti establishment climate. That kind of untainted political purity is very rare in modern politics.

Is Clinton really a career politician though? I know she’s been involved in politics for a long old time due to her husband, but wasn’t she first elected to office in 2000. Can you really be a career politician if you don’t seek or hold office until after the age of fifty?

I still can’t get my head around how you could be a Sanders supporter and then go to voting for Trump, Sanders seems completely and utterly opposed to Trump in almost every respect from what I can see.

Meh, a person who gets to that level in the election process is always going to get there with the help of a lot of people. Trump’s allegiances might just be to a different sort of people than politicians, or better said, with a higher percentage not being politicians, but he’ll still have allegiances nonetheless.

The solution to such a system isn’t to replace people with dubious allegiances and motives with other people with dubious allegiances and motives. A career politician like Obama who genuinely wants change and believes in the things he wants is the best you can probably do, too bad the American system/political landscape is so fucked that he was a pretty ineffective president.

3 Likes