The search for a centre half

Not what anyone wanted to hear. If we start that Liverpool game with Chambers and Coq as CBs I think we can say that club failed the summer. (But we’ll judge Arsene in May)

2 Likes

If its a short term quick fix required, Isn’t Verminator available?

Would this be a screen smoke??

Will Wenger try Giroud as CB??

1 Like

I mean, someone has to play there while we’re in the states…I’m not going to read too much in to this…so everyone knows they can calm their shit.

Agreed. Just thought it was funny haha

This reminds me of when Debuchy and Monreal had stints at CB. What an absolute farce.

1 Like

Exactly. It’s not like we have a reputation of not addressing glaring weaknesses in our squad or something.

1 Like

WTF a sensible considerate response from Morrisc?

So you ARE capable of those.

2 Likes

Coquelin could probably do a job as CB, but it’s still not a reliable solution for a whole season unless Holding is ready to play immediately.

1 Like

Anyone watching the game in San Jose tonight? ESPN are showing it.

1 Like

OA goes stateside! #EPSN

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/video/latest-videos/600/video/2919442?ex_cid=espnapi_internal

Watch the video :smiley:

3 Likes

what the fuck is oneline arsenal

4 Likes

Haha, well spotted. I hadn’t noticed that.

I wouldn’t mind us getting mussachio in, I think he could be signed for £15-20m he’s a strong, quick defender and he has previously partnered Gabriel

Oh wait…you said Mussachio , sorry I misread.

3 Likes

Better defender than Otamendi but I haven’t checked him out since his leg break.

How is he coping?

Musacchio is a good defender but like Vermaelen is an injury-prone.

I don’t think they are going to let him go. Not that easily. He is there mainstay. It’s telling imo they got rid of both Gabriel and Bailly and he is still there. Although his leg break played some factor.

Not to badly, he’s only played in three, four games mind since fracturing his fibula but in that time he helped keep a couple of clean sheets, one vs Valencia in Villarreal’s 2-0 win at the Mestalla and the other was at the El Madrigal when he came on for the injured Bailly in their 1-0 over Liverpool. He started the 2nd leg at Anfield but couldn’t really do alot to stop Liverpool winning 3-0 on the night.

Looks like Musacchio’s off to Milan anyway, he’s already agreed personnel terms with them and hasn’t been training since from what I’ve been reading but with Milan’s transfer funds being frozen until the new Chinese consortium takes over the deal might fall through especially with Villarreal / Musacchio understandably given Milan an ultimatum.

1 Like

Ah, if not for injury concerns, this would have been a no brainier for us.
Shame really as he can be world class.