The randomly nothing thread

What do you expect from a region dominated by a religion that never made sense to begin with. Just like the Bible Belt in America, its full of utter fucking idiots with no idea about the modern world.

Their comments and their opinions have no place in football and so many countries have people of all creeds and colours with these backward-Ass views, but fuck me it seems so much more prevalent in the Middle East.

2 Likes
10 Likes

@AbouCuellar @Castiel

Have a look at your diets. Any especially fatty and spicy food can cause migraines. Tea and coffee too.i

Some fruits and veg can even cause migraines! Things like Oranges and celery.

Do you guys stay fit and active? I know Cuellar plays football but do you keep at it?

You said you got a new job, is that quite stressful? Stress is a big issue in causing them too, so anything you can do to stop that (like watching Arsenal lol) will help.

Hormone imbalances are a big cause of migraines. The most common group of people that have them is women durong the menopause. Anything you can think of to minimise that will cause them to stop.

Have a look at some painkillers, and they may or may not help. Everybody is different. But in the end, all they will do is make your migraine more tolerable, they wonā€™t actually stop you from having them.

And using nasty stuff lime co-codamol is not something you want to do, they have their own side effects too.

But yeah, when you get them, best course of action is plenty of water, some painkillers, an extremely dark room, and a bed. Get in the foetal position and wait it out lol.

2 Likes

I took mine on Saturday right after a jog, though I think it was because it was one of those days where its bright and cold out and the sun reflecting off the wet/icy road is practically blinding.

In the handful Iā€™ve had in my life itā€™s always been due to strain on the eye, Iā€™m pretty sure mine are ocular migraines, and so are ACā€™s because of the loss of vision symptom.
Iā€™ve narrowed mine down to strain on the eye i.e. cinema/driving in poor conditions/going from dark indoors to bright outside light.

Because of this itā€™s pretty hard for me to try and predict them, not to mention in the past theyā€™ve happened years and year apart. Like you say though only thing for them is to lie in a ball and pray to god that Iā€™ll be a better person if he stops my head from exploding.

Those are a fuckload of factors though, no? I mean oranges can give me migraines? :joy: Do you suffer from them, you seem an expert on the subject?

I absolutely abuse coffee (and cigarettes when Iā€™ve got a stressful project), and wasnā€™t drinking much water (on account of the go to liquid being coffee) so Iā€™m going to put it down to the dehydration and coffee and being in front of a computer screen and awake for an unnatural percentage of time. (I wasnā€™t able to play football that week cause I had a back injury, could that really influence? Iā€™m guessing itā€™s an influence in so far as physical exercise is preventative for any sort of physical ailment?) anyways touch wood I havenā€™t had one since that week, hope to never have one again lol, though at least if I do I should at least know realize Iā€™m not going blind.

1 Like

Is it worth keeping a food and drink diary mate? That way you can try and build a picture of whether or not diet is a key factor?

1 Like

Donā€™t suffer, but see a lot of sufferers being a med student. @Ollie definitely, one of the people I saw said reading a couple books on what you can do to stop them lifestyle wise helped her massively.

Yeah eye stuff is extremely common with migraines cos the part of the brain affected is just behind a big part of your vision pathway.

I mean if yous slack off exercise one week you wonā€™t then fmdefinitely get one, just seeing if you guys do refular exercise, which it seems to me you do so thatā€™s good!

But everyone has different triggers. @Abou iā€™d definitely try to cut down the coffee, and the smoke.

I know you guys probably know all this, and the diet exercise stuff is pretty standard stuff, but it genuinely helps.

Coffee is known to be terrible for causing migraines, especially if you live on it.

Hahaha people do love to speculate on what causes a migraine but itā€™s practically impossible to nail down because everyone is different - hell, most people you actually meet who complain about a migraine will never have suffered one in their life. I had to call the on call staff a few months back for one of mine and the doll talking to me literally didnā€™t seem to have a clue what I was on about.

I personally donā€™t buy into the mythology of it all, most of the stuff like avoid chocolate sounds more like a Daily Mail article to me than genuine medical advice. The only true constant I have had with mine is the extreme variations in light, dark to bright.

Never liked this country anyway.

Good! Not gonna use this shit next week when i am going to London.

you have no choice lol. You canā€™t say nah mate I donā€™t like this fiver give me another one. :wink:

Just taking the piss out of @Persona :wink:

1 Like

To be fair thatā€™s exactly what you can do.

speaking from experience :wink: I would never ask a shop worker to give me another fiver lol.

Bit of a twat move imo!

Discussing denominations of cash is pretty standard practice when handling money.

Have you ever been to a bank?

Nothing at all wrong with asking a cashier for pound coins instead of a fiver. Why thatā€™s a ā€˜twat moveā€™ is beyond me.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t say there was :neutral_face:

I was talking about been giving a note and then asking for a different one which is what the reply to GFI was aboutā€¦ :neutral_face:

You literally did. But whatever. This is pretty painful.

Ffs the article is about notes. The jokey reply to gfi was about notes. Where do you see us taking about coins? :joy::joy:

Honestly I cba for this conversation so I am leaving it here.

We are conquering Britain with our food :ozil2: