The Race for 4th Place Trophy

You have bumped last seasons thread :wink: how many drinks you had aussie? Lol

Maybe close this one? @shamrockgooner

We should probably start a new 1 then lol. As for the drinks only 2 beers for the night, now Iā€™ve hit 30 Iā€™m to old to get get caught up in New Yearā€™s Eve carryon :rofl:

1 Like

Who gives a fuck. We have lost it today. Thanks Dean!

There is! You went passed it looking for this one haha

1 Like

So what are chances of winning this trophy now? Frankly, I think we arenā€™t going to make it for a second season running. I donā€™t think there is a top 6 in the league, not this year at least. There is a top 1 (City), the next 4, and then the likes of us and Burnley. With Alexis and perhaps Ozil on their way out, I think we will do well to hold on to 6th this season, and honestly, I am not very confident of that either.

People keep trying to group us in with Burnley but I just donā€™t get it. We are on a terrible run yet still remain five points clear of Burnley, not to mention they have a -1 GD. I know everyone is unhappy about the state of the club but there is no need to over-exaggerate. We arenā€™t at that level, even at our absolute worst weā€™re just behind the scum.

1 Like

Iā€™d make Manchester United slight favourites to claim the trophy this year, a trophy that by right should be ours every year but now weā€™re slipping away from it.

We could just invent a 6th Place Trophy and give ourselves more of a chance? Although I suppose there isnā€™t a prize for a 6PT

I donā€™t think Burnley are going to finish above us but spurs will.
I think a few supporters are worried that if we finish behind spurs after yet another season, when we have Sanchez and Ozil, then we could go behind them even further, without them.

Yeah going by GD we have a top 1 then next 4 and us a clear 6th Miles off the teams ahead of us but substantially better than 7th.

1 Like

6 points off Liverpool with 12 matches to go including Spuds, City and Utd left to play.

Europa still our best bet

1 Like

You simply arenā€™t going to get a top 4 place in this day and age by winning 5 times away from home or so all season, Iā€™ve felt Europa has been our best bet all campaign.

Next week itā€™s gonna be decisive. Make or break.

This is last seasonā€™s thread :joy: stop bumping it

This is this seasonā€™s

Close this one maybe? @Bl1nk

With our away form forget it we canā€™t even beat bottom team

1 Like