The R.I.P thread

Whoaa…

This thread just took at twist…:cech:

Unconfirmed reports that rapper XXXTenacion has been shot dead in an alleged robbery attempt.

There’s a video of him circulating online which shows him lying lifeless in his car with no pulse. Pretty sad that a video like that has even been taken tbh with you.

RIP really enjoyed his music
https://twitter.com/HipHopDX/status/1008829552817246214

XXXEcuted

4 Likes

If like me, you don’t know who he is, don’t just put “XXX” into Google :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

I tried it. And it was very pleasant tbh :henry2:

3 Likes

How do you pronounce his name?

I was never a fan of his music but he had quite a good positive message for young people and is one of those rappers who wasn’t afraid to tackle sensitive topics like depression.

That’s all well and good but he was facing 15 felony charges at the time of his death, including aggravated battery of a pregnant woman, which somewhat undermines the “good and positive message” he had for young people.

3 Likes

I was only talking about the message in some of his music as I pay literally 0 attention to celebrity personal lives

1 Like

Yeah that’s fair enough, but as we all know many young people do, hence my point about it somewhat undermining whatever positive message he conveyed in his music. Not having a go at you, just commenting on this bloke and his legacy, if that’s not too grandiose a term.

@calum posted this from my desk BTW :wink:

5 Likes

Yeah this guy is absolute scum, quite a few of the new rappers who’ve came onto the scene recently are like that, very abusive and misogynistic

It’s not a new thing. Domestic violence isn’t linked to a genre of music anyway and certainly isn’t some new ideal.

And if you want to make it specific to rap I could list many legendary rappers who have been accused or convicted of domestic violence charges.

I’m not linking it to rap I know it happens everywhere but I feel the new ones are taking it way too far, and they happen to be rappers, like beating your pregnant gf, wtf? 6ix9ine is also a legit pedophile. The problem is a lot of young people idolise these animals

This is wholly incorrect

1 Like

In October 2015, Hernandez pled guilty to one felony count of Use of a Child in a Sexual Performance. Hernandez was charged with three counts of the offense after an incident “[o]n or about” the night of February 21, 2015 where he had sexual contact with a 13-year-old minor and later distributed videos of the incident online. Three videos are described in the criminal complaint against Hernandez. In the first video, "the child engages in oral sexual intercourse with the separately charged defendant Taquan Anderson, while the defendant, Daniel Hernandez, stands behind the child making a thrusting motion with his pelvis and smacking her on her buttocks. The child is nude in the video.” The other videos show the child sitting on the lap of Hernandez while her breasts are groped by Anderson, and later sitting naked across the laps of Anderson and Hernandez.[15]

Sounds pretty correct tbh

1 Like

Maybe not technically a paedo but definitely a vile, criminal scumbag

The accusations stemmed from a guilty plea 6ix9ine entered in February 2016, a felony charge of possessing a sexual performance by a child after he filmed and posted a video of friends groping and having sexual contact with a 13-year-old girl in Febraury 2015. 6ix9ine was 17 at the time of the filming, and 18 when he pled guilty.

Bit strong with your defence there I’d say mate

He’s an idiot, but not a pedo.

2 Likes

The girl lied about her age which is common in these matters like these, it was actually 69 who uploaded one of the videos in the mistaken belief.

In any case he didn’t penetrate her in any way, today he isn’t on any sex offenders register and doesn’t have a pattern of behaviour. Mental element for paedophilia is lacking, it’s not appropriate or fair to label him as such. You should reserve that term for actual abusers.

The police also scared a poor hispanic kid into a plea deal with the threat of prison which is common practice in the US. Plenty of 17 year old kids have done alot worse to younger girls that won’t be heard about and who won’t be branded paedos.

4 Likes

Yeah reading all of that I wouldn’t be so quick to call him a paedophile. Definitely a sketchy character with poor judgement though.

Pretty big difference between a 17 year old being in a sexual environment with a 13 year old who lied about her age compared to a 55 year old raping a 9 year old or whatever.