The Other Premier League Fixtures Thread (old)

However Bayern’s clauses are bit more logical -

€20M in incentives for FIFA Ballon d’Or nominations (the final three and not the shortlist) and FIFA World Best 11 nominations

Also includes €1.5M net annual salary (~€3M gross in Germany with the tax rate).

Sources - http://www.record.xl.pt/futebol/futebol-nacional/liga-nos/benfica/detalhe/aguia-recebera-5-milhoes-por-cada-25-jogos-de-renato-no-bayern.html

United’s clauses are lot more achievable and more than certain satisfy & United would have to pay.

Well he did make the Pogba, Zlatan, and Mkhitaryan signings and planned big roles for Rashford, Rooney, etc. etc. so it’s not like he’s really got any one else to blame…he’s also the one who for some reason chooses to make Fellaini an important part of his squad, who has probably taking the mantle from Flamini for best semi-footballer playing at a big club.

Also, Smalling may or may not be good enough, but van Gaal certainly had him playing quite well last season, wasn’t he chosen in the team of the year? (deservingly?) And Lingard doesn’t seem too bad of a player to me but I suppose I probably haven’t seen enough of him.

1 Like

No, why should I? I don’t see why this game should change anything. Obviously, when you have to completely change your entire approach to the game after 20 minutes, then you’re obviously going to look completely incoherent. This was just a lazy collapse. Something that happens to all teams. No reason for any United fans to panic after a game like this.

Remember, only 5 minutes ago, Chelsea got outplayed against Arsenal. Now, they’re suddenly on 19 points and Conte is amazing again. Clearly, Conte is soooooo much better than that clown who hasn’t won the league since 2015. (I know this isn’t quite what you’re saying but many, many others are). I just find it ridiculous, how so many are so desperate to write Mourinho off already. Lazy narratives about how the other coaches are “so much more modern” (and modern in what way?) is something I really think is just bullshit.

This is just a slow start and nothing more. Understandable, and somewhat expected, given that he’s looking to change so much in their team. Everything is just so dramatic, because of some boring narratives and some bad luck. I think, even though they have only played well in a few matches, that they still haven’t been quite as bad as the table would suggest. Something like 16 or 17 points, would be more fair.

Their games against Southampton, Stoke and Leicester, is more how they should play with the type of players that they’ve got. And going by Mourinho’s comments earlier in the season, it’s also how they want play.

Mou is lucky that nobody is separating themselves, but he is building a pile of teams ahead of him to catch up to… you have to think one of Chelsea, Arsenal, City, Spurs, 'Pool will go on a big run at some point and distance themselves even if Utd get their act together.

I can see this ending very badly for him and two major collapses of big, big teams with massive spending would certainly put his career in a whole new perspective, but it is early still.

The fucker will just end up at PSG and have another big bucket of cash to spend on players.
No getting rid of Mourinho.

2 Likes

As long as he’s gone from the Premier League, I’m good.

4 Likes

Liverpool have defiantly had the best start to the season a quarter of a way through the campaign, equal points on top and have visits to Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham out of the way. City have also gone to Tottenham and United.

10 Likes

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/790251311581241350/pu/vid/312x180/pmj9E_OioSsVXu5v.mp4
https://twitter.com/CFCNewsApp/status/790251425452425216

Superb! :joy:

9 Likes

Haha that’s brill. :sunglasses:

Well, he’s a bit of a cunt isn’t he? Of course people want to see him fail. However, this should not be grounds for a serious discussion about his qualities as a manager and I agree completely that the criticism aimed at him is mostly empty rhethoric. Nevertheless, a manager’s general conduct both towards the squad and the public is part of being a manager, too and in this respect I think Mourinho is bordering on lousy these days. The way he publicly criticizes players after a few weeks, obviously mismanages Mkhitarian and has already managed to attract the ire of both home and away fans, other coaches, as well as the press, is just plain stupid. If I had to play for him, I could not take him serious in the slightest, because he’s become such a clown.

7 Likes

I don’t think that what you’re saying now, is anything new though and it’s nothing that I take into consideration whenever I rate managers. He’s always been a bit clown and that’s never stopped him from being successful before (and I don’t see why it should stop him now either). Most likely, more attention is paid to it now, when he’s struggling a bit. But the supposedly charming or “box office” Mourinho, was always a bit unbearable to me. I’m just a bit surprised that someone who was practically worshiped not long ago, is now seen as a big joke. Now, I know that AC has never been a fan and I seem to recall you not being a fan of his either so this isn’t directed at any of you. If you never liked him, then by all means, go ahead and enjoy this as much as possible. :stuck_out_tongue:

De Gea learning from his fellow countryman Almunia :coq:

Surely top of the league now?

Spurs get a bullshit pen.

Edit: Which Jannsen takes and converts lol whoever said the Dutch Soldado is spot on :poldi:

Piss off Aguero.

BWAHAHAHAHA what a shit ball by Wanyama 1-1

1 Like

Red card for Herrera :laughing:

2 Likes

Pleease keep the scores like this Burnley and Leicester. :pray:

Do win Burnley.
The Meltdown would be great.