The Other Premier League Fixtures Thread (old)

I don’t buy that logic tbh, ‘United should seek to be on the front foot because they’re the most successful whatever’ sounds like a pointless triviality that doesn’t really correlate with their current situation.

A point away at any top 6 ground this season would be a solid result

2 Likes

Liverpool have a habit of putting goals past other big teams, I don’t really see a problem with Mourinho’s tactical approach if we are taking this game in isolation. I think he does it far too often when he exclusively manages sides with great players, which is just one reason why I’ve never liked him. But in isolation I think such tactics are pretty much justified going to Anfield.

He should have been able to marry such an approach with some sort of vague attacking threat though, they didn’t look remotely interested in scoring, so there is that.

1 Like

I was reminded of the Burnley game with how Man United played.

Only Burnley were more attacking. Fuck me, Mourinho does make me question the point of football.

He is like that one guy that would spend £1,000 on the special gold bars/diamonds on those pay to win games. Yeah he is now doing better than you who didn’t but what is the point of playing the game now?

1 Like

I think that’s a little harsh tbf, but they really couldn’t gel enough to create those key opportunities aside from Pogba’s moment of magic to create the chance for Ibra. I don’t think they intentionally avoided attacking at all. They tried to be positive and dominating but just couldn’t manage to maintain it for long.

Going for a point at Anfield is ok if you aren’t sitting 7th in the table and five points off the top after 8 games played.

1 Like

Classic Mourinho for you.
Amasses hundreds of millions worth of talent, makes them play cowardice football.

At times flukes a win & be regarded as tactical mastermind.

-_-

You splash the cash for big players, you should play well. That’s it.

Eight games in and it doesnt matter how much you spend takes time to build a side.
Draw at an inform Liverpool in a controlled manner isnt that bad.
Happy to see some momentum taking out of Liverpool tbh.

15 Likes

I am still waiting for Pogba to shine. Guess it never gonna happen under Mourinho.

good result for us .I dont care . any sendings off or injuries ? shame !

1 Like

There’s times in the past where I would’ve settled for that type of performance away at title rivals, so no hypocrisy here…

1 Like

Jack, do us a favour today :wilshere:

Really hope that the cherries can get something off these cunts.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/afcbournemouth/status/789775881447305216

https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/789775834739535872

Come on Jack

Amazing save by Lloris. Should have been 1-0

What a chance for Bournemouth! I thought it was going in. Watching the replay, it was a great save by Lloris.
Enjoyable game atm played at a very fast pace.
Lamela hits the bar. It didn’t look a dangerous shot at first sight.
Wilshere has been a ghost. Wake the fuck up Jack.
Pochettino looks worried on the bench. Tottenham have to step up to beat a tough Bournemouth side.

Jack is limping a bit

Eriksen deflected almost went in. Great save by Boruc.
Alli booked.
Oh dear Jack! What a shit first touch :facepalm:

Fucking Lamela such a spursy cunty player…

So many bookings for spurs they’re playing like they did against Chelsea last season almost. Surely got to be a sending off this match

1 Like