The Other Premier League Fixtures Thread (old)

So true.

2 Likes

Jan Molby says Man City, Liverpool and Tottenham are the teams nailed on for the top 3. Interesting.

Difficult arguing against Liverpool for top 4 minimum if they keep this up. I’m glad Chelsea signed Luis again anyway, think he’s pretty awful at the back and could cost them a few times over the season.

The same Liverpool that will be on par on points with us and everyone else apart from ManCity? Plenty to argue against tbf

1 Like

That’s the thing though, isn’t it? They have struggled with consistency, they regularly beat big teams and then flop the next match against someone shit. If they can sort that issue out then they’re a real threat to the league positions we can probably expect to occupy.

Liverpool are playing much better than Arsenal PPB. and they have Europe’s 3rd greatest player, Jordinho Henderson.

and yeah I fully expect Liverpool to lose away to a bunch of teams lower down in the table, that’s why I think they’ll ultimately fall a fair way short of Man City.

7 points away at Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea is just mightily impressive, is all.

1 Like

:see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

We play shit, they play well and yet we’re still even on points. I think they’ll finish somewhere around 6th-7th this season, which will already be an improvement for them. Their starting line-up just isn’t anything special.

Are they better to watch in your opinion since christmas than us.
Im just interested as your one of the posters on here as doesnt get caught up in the hate game on rival teams.

I like their (Klopp’s) style/quick transitioning when it works and so I’d have to say yes, but honestly it’s not really hard to look better than us when we play like this. Still, I think it will mainly come down to quality in the end and I don’t believe that we’ll have another really big upset like we did last season.

1 Like

Their downfall will be their continued struggle against teams that sit in a low block, they’ll probably continue to do well against the sides near the top but will drop points against the sides they should be beating.

What people also forget to mention as regards Klopp is look at how he left dortmund. Look at the players he had like Reus and Auba etc, but when he left they were close to fighting relegation. I dont know what went wrong in that season but the players he had there to be in the bottom places for so long that the fans were even shitting bricks means something was really wrong! Say what you like about Wenger but we have NEVER been in a relegation fight and that was even when we had players like Chamakh and Bendtner and Djourou etc.

2 Likes

Yeah but we werent in a title fight with Ozil, Sanchez, RVP or Fabregas either.

Yeah its funny how you also don’t mention who we were up against and how much money they were spending. We have only started spending Somewhat recently. What was Dortmunds excuse…really in all honesty they should have (with the players they have got) be challenging EVERY YEAR for the title not being fucking relegation fodder. It is a 1 team league FFS, the only decent teams that have a really strong squad is Dortmund themselves and Bayern, the only other ones worth talking about are schalke etc that is not a league filled with ultra competitive teams, but dont let that change your agenda. If we were in a relegation fight people would be going to the emirates with Machetes hunting down the board and wenger and we fucking know this.

[quote=“AbouCuellar, post:498, topic:79, full:true”]
I would certainly take Klopp over Wenger…
[/quote]Two or three years ago, that sentence from you would’ve seen unimagineable. How times change :wenger2:

Are yes the money thing. How does our compares to Lecisters again.

City destroying every opponent like Barca used to do.

Once teams are coy to Liverpool’s tactics, then the test will begin. I think that front three of theirs is brilliant at the moment, definitely moulded from Klopp’s mind but like Arsenal in the past, there will be plenty of play in front of the 18-yard box and trying to thread through a pass.

I think the two signings we’ve made in Mustafi (a ball playing CB of reasonably high calibre at the moment) and Xhaka (new OP DLP OMFG) give us a new style of attack, as opposed to the crossing it in aimlessly or tapping it around the box heroes we used to be. Hopefully it’ll prove to be an improvement.

I’m ok with everyone writing us off early doors, the onus is on the likes of Liverpool and Tottenham to actually step up. We have a higher ceiling than both of them and I’m optimistic of us getting better and better as the season goes on.

Everton 3-1 Boro at half time. Barry and strangely Coleman x 2 with the goals. They are flying.

What’s happening at West Ham?
They have let in eleven goals in their last three games and their last two opponents have been Watford and West Brom.

When West Brom are scoring 4 past you, it’s time to reevaluate life.

2 Likes