The Other Premier League Fixtures Thread (old)

But every match they win is still a match won and 3 points added to their total.

Top 4 races have been close in the past.

Yeah Liverpool look far superior to us, not a good sign from a top 4 perspective

They always do this, I understand that Klopp is a better coach but they had better players arguably especially when they had Suarez they looked devastating but they STILL could not crack the top 4. I am not saying they never ever will, but I am not too worried YET (that being the operative word)

1 Like

Big gamesā€¦except cup finals.

Costa makes it 2-1! His 5th goal of the season already!

What is not class about Costa? Sure heā€™s no Aguero, who is absolutely the best in the Premier League, but he is really close behind him.

1 Like

I remember when people were saying there was nothing in it between Giroud and Costa :joy:

Costa is really good. But he is also easily the biggest cunt in the game today. Heā€™s probably the one player Iā€™d object to having on my team for ā€˜moralisticā€™ reasons.

4 Likes

Costa on top this season!

I canā€™t stand him either but if he was scoring regularly, while wearing an Arsenal shirt, Iā€™m sure he could become a favourite with most supporters.

Liverpools defence can be shockingly bad at times. Surprised that it hasnā€™t improved since about 2013 or so.

Theyā€™re defiently not a million miles off looking like a very very good team though

1 Like

nah I wouldnā€™t care if he was scoring a goal or more a game for us. Heā€™s one of the leagues best strikers.

Maybe, but I donā€™t think I could ever forgive him the disgusting Dan Smith tackles he regularly engages in. I can forgive almost everything in the personality of a footballer, but I think thatā€™s the one thing I canā€™t.

1 Like

What a save by Courtois! Or what a miss by Origi?
Conte going with a triple sub at the same time! Thatā€™s Mourinho-esque :smiley:

Pedro though has been a let down. I expected more from him when he signed for Chelsea.

I stopped at one of my accounts to watch the end of the game. The chelsea fans here are moaning about Kante lol they say heā€™s terrible :joy:

Chelsea attack with only one player in the box. They look so clueless.
Dangerous free kick for Chelsea just outside the box.
Fabregasā€™s free kick :coq:
3 minutes added on, but Chelsea donā€™t look that dangerous.
Two difficult games in a row and Chelsea show all their limits.

5 games in and Liverpool win at The Emirates and Stamford Bridge and a draw at WHL. 7 points from that is excellent tbh.

3 Likes

Smashed Leicester at Anfield too.

I donā€™t think we ever had any chance at getting Guardiola, who was nailed on for City for years IMO, but we surely could have gotten Klopp if Wenger had stepped aside. Sad really as our club would be buzzing with him at the helm.

3 Likes

Bit surprised how uninteresting Chelsea look under Conte, donā€™t really see much change in them, except Costa in good formā€¦

Kante isnā€™t terrible but I donā€™t know what people, including Arsenal fans who were lobbying for his signing this summer, were expecting. Heā€™s Coquelinā€“probably a slightly superior versionā€“just was playing in a set-up that was perfect for him, and now is playing in a top club.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t heā€™s been a shadow of a player he once was for some time.

Conte isnā€™t serious playing both Matic and Kante in midfield, who exactly is controlling that midfield? Then thereā€™s the fact he opts to play Oscar behind Costa when heā€™s nowhere near good enough to play as #10 for a top club.

Their set up is incredibly defensive and it just wonā€™t cut it in the PL for a team with their ambitions, Fabregas being left out is baffling. If Conte worries about his mobility and lack of defensive nous in the middle then he should be played as a #10. Lastly Willian is expendable, they should have gone after Mahrez.

Love to see them flounder though.

1 Like