The Other Premier League Fixtures Thread (old)

im confident most people on this forum dont even have a sensible reason to dislike them, other than ‘its what everyone else does so i will too’.

:slight_smile:

14 Likes

@Oliver put down the weed and double vodkas.

3 Likes

:smile: this is glorious.

5 Likes

Troll of the year award goes to Oliver

1 Like

Brilliiant.

**[quote=“Oliver, post:3595, topic:79, full:true”]
im confident most people on this forum dont even have a sensible reason to dislike them, other than ‘its what everyone else does so i will too’.

:slight_smile:
[/quote]

Does not being an Arsenal fan count as a sensible reason. A title supersedes a decade of top 4 finishes.
Henry Norris what have we spawned here.

i know i know. im an awful person. I apologise.

2 Likes

@Oliver

12 Likes

Im thinking someone never got an easter egg today.

3 Likes

I’m thinking @Oliver didn’t get something else today either

1 Like

My da just texted me asking if i wanted Arsenal to lose to spurs to keep spurs in the title race. :gabriel:

3 Likes

every cloud…

3 Likes

Of course you would think that being a Tottenham lover :wink:

3 Likes

haha wondered if that would rustle some feathers. :smile:

See, I get what you mean. I understand where you’re coming from. Chelsea represent whatever is wrong with football. The way they play, the way they recruit and hijack deals for players and, indeed, the deplorable personnel they’ve had over the years (Mourinho, Terry, C*ntley Cole, Costa)

Tottenham aren’t dislike-able (not a word) in that respect. They’ve had players who have rather churlishly said they’re bigger than Arsenal (Robbie Keane, Michael Dawson) only to emphatically be proven wrong. An uber-c*nt in the mould of John Terry, though? Nah, can’t think of one.

Like yourself, I don’t know many Tottenham fans who are total idiots. The issue I have is how their fans will suddenly come out of the woodwork. The way they’ll laud it up. Let’s not kid ourselves. It WILL happen (remember how Liverpool won the league before Gerrard’s slip a couple of years ago? Well, that’s what their fans would have had you believe anyhow)

Furthermore, the media have been waiting for years for this moment. The pundits, the ex-players will have a smug “told you so” look about them should Spurs both finish above us (which looks a cast iron certainty) and beat us in the cup final.

It’s in our hands to beat them at least once more this season.

2 Likes

Friend, I get where you’re coming from. Certainly from an Indian perspective, a lot of fans here have not had that many organic reasons to hate Spurs. There are simply no Spurs fans here. It’s been much easier for fans in India to hate Chelsea and United considering the greater success of these two clubs and the far greater numbers in fans that they have. So when we got pasted at Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge it was a lot harder for many Indian Arsenal fans to stomach than what a hypothetical (and please may it remain that way) drubbing at White Hart Lane might feel like . Personally I still hated Spurs the most, with Chelsea a close second, until that phase when they had both Mourinho in charge and Costa leading the line. I think it was the game where Costa got Gabriel sent off earlier on that flipped a switch for me and now I hate Chelsea more than Spurs. Not saying I want them to choke and let Spurs win, because I love this website http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com/, but I still do hate them more than Spurs. Fucking Chelsea.

1 Like

I used to think overseas fans would hate Chelsea more than Spurs and I can still see why that would be the case but in the age of social media people all over the world have the ability to come into contact with delusional Spurs fans and know the kind of shit they come out with, that they release DVDs for nothing, players constantly obsessed with being better than Arsenal and I doubt Chelsea fans would have given Wilshere the kind of treatment he got in his last game so it’s not like it doesn’t spill onto the pitch either. Sky might try and big up the “local derby” between teams like Chelsea, Arsenal and West Ham but it’s clearly nothing compared to the importance of the NLD which they go full jizzfest for.

5 Likes

This is all only time specific anyway, Wenger-era fans are finally coming to see a new phase where we may no longer be the dominant North London side, so traditional rivalries will reignite. In fact I’m 34 and it’s no different for me, I haven’t known Tottenham to be the superior side either, it’s either been us by a country mile, us by a fair margin or both fairly level (mid 90s covered up by cup success, the last few seasons).

The next two seasons under Wenger I fully expect two more outcomes of Tottenham finishing higher, just hope they don’t win anything as their argument will be weak until they do

1 Like