The Other Premier League Fixtures Thread (old)

Can’t remember ever seeing us so low in the table so late in the season lol. #WhereIsArsenal? :mag_right:

Who gives a fuck, tbh.

1 Like

Yeah I gave up on this season a while ago.

No European football might actually be a blessing for us if we can survive it financially.

3 Likes

I don’t think we have to worry about that at all, with the increase in other revenues it’s not as important as it once was.

2 Likes

Yeah hopefully we’re more at a level where we can successfully sustain ourselves and make transfers without needing that Champions League money.

1 Like

Eleven years into the Emirates Era, if we are still so dependent on Champions League funds, something at this club has gone horribly wrong at management level too.

4 Likes

That’s at least if you want to believe Wenger’s recent comments. Sadly there are other reasons for us wanting to be in the CL. A lack of success in other competitions would be one.

I’m not sure I even know what comments you’re referring to, for some time I’ve avoided his interviews and press conferences.

I’m too lazy to look up the exact quote but he recently talked about how the club was in a solid position financially and wasn’t so much dependent on Champions League money anymore as there is so much money in the Premier League right now. Not the most interesting comment and can’t blame you for not caring about his interviews as they are mostly boring but I thought it would fit.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m not into the whole Swiss ramble side of things, but I figure that CL money isn’t as vital these days with the new TV deal and better sponsorship deals.

2 Likes

Just sell :sanchez: and :ozil:

1 Like

We will have European football, Our Europa League qualifiers will be on sometime in early August I’d imagine.

Haha I can see the Arsenal ITK tweets now, “Arsenal plan to break the bank on this player but superstar wants assurances they qualify for Europe/a.”

The belief that it somehow is important that we’re in the Champions Leagues is perhaps the greatest myth perpetuated by our club. I’m not sure financially it was ever truly as important as we made out - we’ve never been some fucking pauper club. We act as though we’re some non-league club looking for an away fixture at Emirates/Anfield/Old Trafford.

It sure as hell isn’t important to us competitively as a club, Leicester have been in it one season and have managed to reach the holy grail of the semi-final.

The only reason it should matter to us as a club is the players should be proud to be a part of it and the fans should be allowed to enjoy it as it’s possibly one of the finest competitions in sport. But yeh, it’s not a special occasion to our players and we as a result get to watch embarrassing displays to the point that some non-league club would actually go out and show more pride on the pitch.

2 Likes

Only we finish below sixth, i think.

WBA 0 - 1 Liverpool

Firmino '46

Manchester United vs Chelsea

No Ibra starting and Martial not even in the squad :eyes:

Moreno misses an open goal!! :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

WBA have been playing without a GK for the last five minutes!! Lol incredible scenes.

FT. Great win for Liverpool, their first ever away victory to a Tony Pulis side.

Well considering we are looking at something like 69-72 points best case, Pool at 66 with 5 games to go almost seals their finishing above us… looking more and more likely that 5/6 is our destiny this year.

Yeah West Brom away was one of the ones I had them dropping some points in in the miracle scenario that they fucked this up so I think it’s certainly off for us now.

It’s only just registered with me how bad we must have been to lose to West Brom in their current state.

We just love gifting points away to shit teams

4 Likes

Ahhh fuck