The Other Premier League Fixtures Thread (old)

17 games in, 4th place… 9 points off of top… 1 point off of 5th and 4 points off of 6th… not feeling awesome.

3 Likes

Lmao how shit are Everton, imagine losing to them

8 Likes

:wenger: :santi2:

I couldn’t have planned a better weekend for my avatar relaunch! #proud

1 Like

4 Likes

We are getting relegated :santi:

So in the last 2 match days we have dropped 6 points to all of the fellow top 6 lol. Apparently now Everton have only won 1 of their past 20 matches against Liverpool.

2 Likes

It was ridiculous how inept Everton were in their efforts to score against Liverpool, compared to how they were going at it vs Arsenal.

1 Like

Teams always raise their game against us as they know we can be got at if you ruin our flow. Its actually not hard to beat us at all as long as you’re ‘‘up for it’’ so to speak. Too many times now in recent seasons we have been beaten by average sides because of this. City and Everton were both bang average sides that both should have got fuck all out of those games, unacceptable.

4 Likes

It also doesn’t help that Wenger just lets the game play on and does nothing to try and interrupt their momentum like bringing on a sub or two unless it’s at the time he’s decided the night before.

3 Likes

Yeah what is slightly scary is how easily our midfield is being bypassed recently… I just am at a loss to explain Xhaka - I know I may be in the minority, but I am NOT seeing much that gets me excited… even his vaunted passing has been horrible imho.

2 Likes

I was excited for him because he did shoe an insane range of passing early on, however his first touch has let him and us down a lot, and he can’t dribble under pressure. He is slow, so when he loses possession he can’t win it back quickly, and he often dives into rash challenges. I don’t think he’s good enough defensively to play the holding roll and he’s not good enough technically to play the Cazorla roll. I dunno, I hope he’s just out of form.

Peoples expectations of what Xhaka should be able to do is getting far too excessive, we’ve been spoilt by Cazorla. Also think people putting them both under the term ‘DLP’, makes people think they’re the same type of player when they actually possess different skill sets.

No one expects Cazorla out of Xhaka.
Everyone knows Cazorla is unique in what he does.

What we expect is general midfield play. His touch, passing has not been good enough.

2 Likes

Yeah I had anticipated more steel, physicality and long-range passing, not the twinkle-toed genius of Cazorla, but his positioning, decision-making, and even his passing has been mediocre at best for me… add to that he is slow and meh, not impressed and hope he comes along soon.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/WatfordFC/status/813346200946614272
https://twitter.com/CPFC/status/813346157825060864

1 Like

Keep forgetting Flamini plays for Palace. Wonder which of our players he’ll two foot next weekend?!

It won’t be Özil.

3 Likes

Almost penalty to Palace here.
Zaha having a CR7-esque’s performance so far.
Behrami does his hamstring. Deeney on.

Watford used 2 subs inside 14 minutes! They will be playing with 7 men in the second half at this rate.

1 Like