Tennis

Nadal honestly hasn’t been tested this tournament.

Warinka has the power off both wings to do just that, the first set is key to him winning the match.

Stan also has a big serve to get easy points, something Thiem does not currently possess. Plus he likes to take ball on the rise so Rafa looping the ball to the backhand won’t be as effective like it has been against Fed over the years.

Yeah true maybe I’m being harsh as when Stan is hot he’s insanely hot, doubt he he will be able to do it consistently enough against the brick wall that is Rafa though.

Yeah that’s the problem, he can definitely hurt Rafa but consistently over five sets on clay? One of the tallest orders in tennis to overcome.

What a player Ostapenko is, coming into the tournament as a teenager and she has lit up this tournament and what a come back from 6-4 and 3-0 down.

Is a big shame for Halep as you have to wonder when she’ll ever win a grand slam now, was such a big opportunity for her.

2 Likes

Never in doubt. Amazing achievement :clap:

3 Likes

I think it’s nothing short of remarkable how Nadal has brought his body back from the brink to win another Slam.

Wonder if it’s just his stranglehold over Paris tho or whether he can go onto win another Australian, Wimbledon or US

No one took more than 4 games off Nadal is any set, that’s just scary good.

39 year old Tommy Haas defeated Federer at Stuttgart, Haas is still capable on grass and could make the Round of 16 at Wimbledon with the right draw.

Paolo Maldini has qualified for a pro tennis tournament at age 48!

4 Likes

That story reminds me of the fact that Fabian Barthez has competed in the Le Mans 24 hours last few years, since he retired from Football. It’s cool to see the old pros being able to find something else to add to their skills outside of Football.

Andy Murray lost 1st Round of Queens, will likely lose his number 1 ranking at Wimbledon if he does not go very deep.

Federer wins Halle for the 9th time to get his 92nd career title. You’d probably say he’s favourite for Wimbledon at this point.

https://twitter.com/AAllenSport/status/881843650724061186

LOL

Federer, Nadal, Djokovic and Murray all looking strong in the first couple of rounds at Wimbledon.

I hate being away from London for this. I went to watch Murray v Brown though, found a nice bar with a balcony. Gonna go watch him again tomorrow.

Azarenka is a cheating coont
Come on Heather… Fucking do her.
Unlucky Heather fuck knows how anyone can concentrate against that racket(pun intended)

Nadal out losing 15-13 to Muller in the 4th Round. I thought Dimitrov would actually test Federer more than he did, as he was looking good in the first 3 rounds.

Murray starting to look the part again

Federer though is looking superb

Would love Konta to win the ladies but I think it’s gonna be Halep now

Nadal always struggles against big servers on grass, won’t be winning Wimbledon again IMO.

Dimitrov just isn’t a top player, crap mentality and his game overall isn’t good enough didn’t see him giving Fed a tough match.

Agreed. He hasn’t been able to lift his game to the next level and is starting to look like another of those players who won’t live up to his full potential. I wonder how much of his inconsistencies are due to the pressure put on him by comparisons with Federer early in his career. By crap mentality, do you mean the arrogance that he sometimes shows on court?

But all said and done, he still has time on his side. He could be a late bloomer like Wawrinka.

1 Like