Tennis

The 5th set between Djokovic and Nadal was epic.

1 Like

And they were worried that the Wimbledon final would clash massively with the World Cup final

Anderson: “not on my shit watch”

The last three men’s Wimbledon finals have been pretty lousy!

Well deserved winner Djoker is back didn’t lose serve and saved six set points in the last set.

What a performance it’s been, might be his best of all.

Wimbledon really need to bring in 5th set tie breakers though, Anderson was dead on his feet to start with.

1 Like

Nole back in the top 10 with no points to defend for the rest of the season I expect he will end the year in the top 3.

1 Like

Definitely, he has a great short at the US now too.

Has got some of the aura back on the court for sure, none of them were able to put him away in the big moments.

1 Like

Stefanos Tsitsipas only a couple days shy of his 20th birthday has taken out Thiem, Djokovic and Zverev in consecutive matches in Toronto.

Zverev should have won, he really needs to sort out these mental lapses.

So many opportunities to win the match, the dip in the second set onwards is inexplicable. Nice to see the breakthrough from Tsitsipas though.

1 Like

I checked the scores like an hour a go and wasn’t 6-3 5-2 for Zverev ? Huge collapse and costly as he drops 820 ranking points being the defending Champion.

1 Like

Yeah costly win for him and may be vulnerable going into the US open.

Error after error, quite a come down from Washington.

I went to an ATP 250 tournament that was on randomly in KitzbĂŒhel, Austria, last week.

Saw 4 matches involving the top 4 seeds (1 Thiem 2 Kohlschreiber 3 Verdasco 4 Haase) and all 4 of them lost :smile:

33rd Masters 1000 title for Rafa Nadal, that puts him at 50 combined in Masters and Slams.

Andy Murray’s return to Grand Slam tennis ends in a 4 set second round loss to Verdasco at the US open.

Can’t see him ever playing at an elite level again tbh.

Only early days in the recovery, lets see how he’s looking in 6 months time.

Can always rely on Kyrgios to supply the entertainment (the umpire’s pep talk certainly worked, though his conduct might be in question
)

Tanks and wins a Grand Slam match in 4 KyriGod

:giroud3: is this allowed?! Fuck me

Surprised that Thiem cleaned up Anderson so easily on a hardcourt.

John Millman takes out Federer in 4 sets, would never have picked that in a million years.

I bet Federer didn’t conpliment or congratulate his opponent again