UEFA Europa League

A french manager for a final in France :wink:

Never experienced Europa League football before, may the adventure begin… :xhaka:

2 Likes

Well watching Ajax in the Europa League has been thrilling for me. I hope Arsenal has the same effect.

1 Like

20th year in Europe…

We are gonna rule it :wink:

1 Like

I wonder if we’ll be favourites at the bookies

Looking forward to it slightly we’ll be the best team in the competition.

1 Like

until the teams drop out of the cl…spuds etc will be in it i reckon

They lost to Genk. Nothing to worry about.

1 Like

Just been thinking (always a dangerous game I know). When we last played in this competition, when it was known as the UEFA Cup in 2000, I was 12 years old when we played the final against Galatasaray. And now whoever it is we play next season, I’ll be just shy of turning 30 :flushed: That’s all my teenager years and 20s completely passed by between games in this competition, jesus :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It has finally happened. Europa League for the Arsenal. In a way I look forward to it.

Hoping Sanchez and Ozil stay somehow and we strengthen so we fight back to CL next season.

Villareal, Lazio, AC Milan, Lyon, Marseille, Athletic Bilbao. There’s some potentially interesting ties there to be honest.

I’m kind of excited to be playing in a tournament on our level for once. It always felt we were scraping by by the skin of our teeth in the CL, we might actually be able to play with some confidence and flair in the EL.

1 Like

Nope.

Yeah I was with you up until flair :sweat_smile:

:pensive::pensive::pensive:

3 Likes

I’ve made it official now…

Hello Europa! :wave:

Would we have to play one of those prior to Group Stages?

Nope.

We should beat those teams, if we can keep Ozil/Sanchez. I always felt like our level has been between those teams and the elite level teams. But we’re asking Wenger to deliver…that’s a big ask (15/16). I reckon he’ll throw everything at top four.

Give me the Europa League trophy over 4th place any day if the week.

1 Like