UEFA Champions League

No doubt, total L.

Lo Celso was fucking dire, occasion was clearly too big for him. Should’ve been Di María in there. Fair enough that the move looks ok on paper but you gotta know your players, Di María is a guarantee.

2 Likes

oh yeah thats an even bigger fuck up than the Cavani sub

1 Like

I wasn’t saying any of them should be taken off, simply that Cavani shouldn’t go off before Mbappe if a substitution was to occur at all epecially in this game where he was anonymous, Cavani was making great runs as per usual and they were not finding him.

You would have thought that with the amount of pressure he was under that you’d have to kill Emery before he takes any of them off barring injury but nope he goes and does it like a pussy and for a FB no less.

Lo Celso wasn’t playing well and was on a yellow, should have been taken off at half time or just after for Di Maria but nah lemme take off Cavani and go defensive at 64 minutes, the game was still there to be won. Proves he’s out of his depth at the top level.

1 Like

I dunno, it wasn’t Mbappe’s best game but he was getting in good positions as always and he created the first goal, I wouldn’t have taken him off under any circumstances. Made no sense to take off Cavani unless it was for fitness reasons but yeah, if you put a gun to my head and asked me which to take off of the three I guess I’d probably say Cavani.

That’s fair enough, for me Mbappe is not there yet where he should never be subbed off.

Cavani is the more reliable goal scorer.

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/963915917003513856

They’d better. Tbh it’s still Zidane’s Madrid, they’re still relatively shit as far as top teams go, so it’s not out of the question, but if PSG don’t come back Emery goes down as one of the biggest managerial failures in recent history…

The same shit happened to me bro ffs

All that money spend to win the CL and they are out before Spring begins :joy:

Hope PSG flop hard. They sign Wenger, and he wins the CL with them. Wenger’s fatherly approach may give them a huge boost as a club for 2 or 3 years ya never know. That way everyone is happy.

On a side note, our situation over the past several years in the CL is not comparable to either Tottenham or lolpool this season. I’d have killed for Porto in a draw a year ago, even a half strength Juve I would have been content with. Of course we kept getting fucked by playing probably the two most talented sides in the world over and over and fucking over again. The one year we got a decent draw we almost pulled it off against Monaco, even though that was Monaco at the height of their powers anyways.

1 Like

Nah Monaco at the height of their powers was last season, not the 14/15 season we got them, stop talking rubbish.
Anyways a minimum 4 English sides will make the last 8 of CL, I assume the epl had a winter break this campaign ?

7 Likes

Monaco had just spent big and brought in several big names, so yeah they weren’t a pushover like porto, give me a fucking break that’s an easy tie.

You said Monaco was at the height of their powers, your words not mine.

1 Like

Emery needs to be sacked.

He simply is not good enough to manage a club of PSG’s stature and expectation. Some of the decisions he makes in the big stage are unforgivable. Di Maria has been in red hot form and not only does he not start - he doesn’t come on.

The negative defensive substitution was baffling. At this stage I believe PSG had more chance of success in Europe under Blanc.

1 Like

Got a feeling they brought in Emery purely because of his stellar Europa League record, with Sevilla. I bet he faces the sack as soon as they’re out.

2 Likes

Well, after last season he certainly doesn’t have much credit left and an exit like this isn’t going to make things better.

1 Like

Why do you need an attacking player when you have Marcelo? The guy is god.

I was listening to Julien Laurens and he said Emery has a clause which automatically extends his contract by another year if PSG reach the semi finals of the CL.

If he doesn’t meet this requirement, he’s gone in the summer.

They need to see a return on Neymar and Mbappe. Madrid will surely come in for Neymar in particular. Wonder how much he’ll go for in a year’s time, £250m? £300m?

CR7-Neymar swap? Can see it. Real seem fed up with him.

https://twitter.com/Keats_Co/status/963885331987779585

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: