The 2018 FIFA World Cup qualification

https://twitter.com/FootyAccums/status/918207251722264576

So they are going bankrupt now :wenger:

Doesnā€™t mean much considering the majority watch foreign football here anyways. People will watch for Messi and Ronaldo, doubt it will effect the ratings much.

@Electrifying

2 Likes

Football (or soccerā€¦) is the fastest growing sport in the USA.

Nailed on to get the job.

2 Likes

Who else can we get though lol

Derek McInnes isnā€™t leaving. Who else is there unless we go foreign. Honestly Scotland are just shite and it doesnā€™t matter who we get.

1 Like

It may not affect the ratings much, but it will affect the economy for sure.

Whenever there is a U.S. game (basketball, soccer/football, baseball, ice-hockey), more people go to sports bar, pubs and places that have big TVs and spend money there. No need to say the jersey/apparel business.

U.S, not getting into WC is NOT GOOD.

David Moyes is way above the calibre the team ranked 43 in the world should expect.

In fact itā€™s way above the calibre of the coaches of England, Wales and Northern Ireland by some way.

1 Like

Which reminds me why havenā€™t England hired a coach yet?

They just decided they couldnā€™t be bothered and gave it to Southgate full time.

Or the usual of not going very far in a WC cup or euro competition only to be replaced by another loser, makes you wonder if it is always the coaches or we are putting too much on the likes of AOC thinking players like this are good enough to do anything of substance!

They wanted to make sure they didnā€™t hire another guy who would be caught doing dodgy dealings so went to the other end of the scale and hired the most boring man in Britain.

I imagine Southgate is the kinda guy who for lunch has a plain cheese sandwich cut into triangles of equal proportion, a bottle of water and ready salted crisps.

1 Like

Honestly think Moyes would be a good shout for the Scotland job. I dont mean this in even a vaguely derogatory way, but what better could you attract? Heā€™s a good manager, far better than Strachan anyway.

1 Like

Fair but heā€™s been really poor at every club heā€™s managed since Everton.

Up for giving him a chance though as long as he plays the form players and not just his favourites like Strachan done. Tbf though GS didnā€™t do that bad a job for us certainly our best manager since Mcleish a decade ago but was his time to go.

1 Like

Thatā€™s all fair. The thing is, can you do any better? (I know Iā€™m repeating myself)

I think you canā€™t, which is why I think heā€™d genuinely be a good shout

Just thinking heā€™s a bit of a dinosaur and would be good to get a young modern manager in with a philosophy but thatā€™s a pipe dream :joy:

But looking on sky bet Moyes Malkay Mackay and Paul Lambert are the top 3 favourites so maybe Moyes isnā€™t so bad now after reading that :joy::joy:

lmao thatā€™s what Iā€™m saying, name a better realistic candidate and Iā€™m totally with you :smiley:

The level of candidate the SFA can attract comes down to how much money theyā€™re willing to pay.

1 Like

Malky Mackay :xhaka: :sanchez2:

1 Like