The 2018 FIFA World Cup qualification

Assuming you don’t make the qualification, any idea how long it has been since you missed out on 2 tournaments in a row or would this be a first?

'84 and '86. And we all know what happened in '88 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now all you need is another Van Basten :smiley:

1 Like

Imagine thinking Messi is GOAT when this guy is around?!

1 Like

We often boss the qualifiers. We were also the first team to qualify for Euro 2016 (aside from the hosts, obvs) and the only side to win all their qualifiers, and look how that turned out?!

Na, this time ‘it’s coming home’. For real.

:sunglasses:

(as long as Malta, Scotland, Lithuania and the like are our only competition)

Of course, Mario is ze best :ozil2:. I really wouldn’t have minded him at Arsenal some years ago.

1 Like

There is an app now that alerts you whenever MGG scores and which has the MGG button included for instant celebration. I thought that might interest you:
http://www.news38.de/wolfsburg/article209932585/Mario-Gomez-Button-Student-ist-am-Druecker.html

2 Likes

Of course there is. :joy: Seems like there is one for everything these days.

Also nice to see someone else calling him by his proper name. MGG. :+1:

Is it a gay app? :mustafi:

1 Like

6 hours before kick off… oops. Four matches seems harsh though.

Good decision if FIFA use this a precedent for future decisions.

Argentina are pretty much fucked without Messi, so they must be seriously worried that theyou are going to miss out on the World Cup now.

Is it me or does he look unwell in this pic? He looks Jaundiced to me.

1 Like

Just read Messi has been banned. For what? It’s a massive blow to their qualification hopes though.

Apparently it wasn’t even reported in the referee’s notes post game haha. Doesn’t make much sense of if it wasn’t reported.

I’d imagine that the AFA will challenge the decision, but one would assume that the ruling was based on solid evidence (although this is FIFA we are talking about).

Sounds like it was the Chilean FA who alerted FIFA to the incident. I’m sure they feel only glee about it too.

On paper, when you look at Argentina’s squad, they should be fine without Messi. But unfortunately they have an inept manager so who knows what will happen?!

1 Like

Oops :blush:

:+1:

3 Likes

@aussiegooner was in New Zealand… :thinking:

Maybe it was him :wink:

3 Likes

Thats either shopped or amazing lol