Swansea City vs Arsenal (Premier League)

Yeah i make the threads nobody cares to make is what it is basically lol. After a bad result and everyone is annoyed with Arsenal, I step up to the plate.

2 Likes

Yea it’s when I meet with a particular group of mates it ends in a draw. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I cant feel sorry for any club that fields a player that despite earning thousands if pounds a week chose to steal the purses of poor barmaids . fuck swansea i hope they go down and go bankrupt.

Only watched MOTD maxi,but it looked to me like we were given a first half run about by a poor championship side.
Once again we look mediocre, clueless against weak opposition.

I thought Gabriel was absolute dog shit…There was a time when we could field 2 sides that would give any team a good go…How far we’ve gone backwards…but as they say round here…a wins a win.

1 Like

Swansea were good to pressure us. They controlled Xhaka and Ramsey without any problem for the first 30 minutes.

Yesterday our options were less, because BellerĂŹn is a solution which the players love to use. There are games when our attacks were only on the right, ignoring the left flank.

We started to play well when Ozil started to receive the ball on midfield and not on attack and Xhaka tried some passes than the first half when him and Ramsey looked slow and confused. Our major problem is to find Ozil: without Santi Cazorla, there isn’t the connection between defense and attack (Ozil). Granit Xhaka is a defensive midfielder. His passes on the attacking third were only on the flanks (especially on the left to Alexis Sanchez).

If we analyze the pass combinations before and after Santi Cazorla, yesterday Xhaka passed the ball to Ozil less than 10 times (Ramsey only 11), Xhaka passed the ball to the advanced playmaker (Ramsey and Iwobi) at Vitality Stadium less than 10 times, 13 passes from Granit to Iwobi against Palace.

Cazorla 19 to Mesut vs Soton, 28 vs Hull City, 26 vs Chelsea, 23 vs Burnley and between 10 and 15 against Swansea and Watford.

We can play with the same tactic with and without Cazorla, but the interpretation should be different. Try to play with the same style despite the presence of Xhaka and the absence of Cazorla, is a big mistake, because we suffer the teams which put pressure on our midfeilders.

3 Likes

The typical Arsenal performance agaisn’t so-so teams, start slow, make them look good, they have the better chances, we score before half time and second half we come out a different team. Iwobi and Alexis were the stand outs, thought Ramsey and Xhaka were good in the centre midfield. Ozil was okay. Our defence played well, aside from the odd mistake. Cech was barely worked. Hope Giroud’s injury isn’t bad don’t need another injury to a first teamer.

I fully expect us to win the next two home games although Burnley and Watford will cause us trouble if we don’t play well, when we go face Chelsea in the next few weeks. Hopefully we don’t lose any players to injuries and suspensions in the meantime. Would love to see us start games strongly and finish them strongly as well. But it’s all about for me right now taking each game as it comes, keeping ourselves in the race is the most important thing.

What race are you talking about exactly ?

Aussie you know exactly what race he means. Fucking hell.

9 Likes

And it shouldn’t matter which race he means.

Blatantly racist.

Ban? :henry2:

1 Like